Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

How to find a band?

Hi Ladies!
I don't know many of you over here anymore, so let me introduce myself.  My name is Michelle, I was married about a year and a half ago, and spent a lot of time here on TK.  I still hang out over on TN a bit. 

Enough of that, why am I posting?  I am coordinating a fundraising event, Crawfish Boil, for the Dallas A&M club.  We are trying to find a band to perform and, quite frankly, I don't know where to start in looking for one.  If any of you have any suggestions, it would be much appreciated.  Thanks!
Our last sunset in Hawaii...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Michelle & Michael
Married - August '10
TTC - Since September 2011

Re: How to find a band?

•  I'm an Aggie, so I am invested in this.
    I'm using Signature Band for my wedding, and they were very affordable as Dallas bands go.
    Also check out the vendor sticky up top, which will have some options.
    Another band I've heard good things about is Identity Theft but I have no idea what they cost.
  • Identity Theft quoted me $4500 for my wedding in the fall, but we haven't seen them live yet...AAAND if the crawfish boil is on 9/22 you can't have them. :)

Anniversary
  • Also, I know of a local band called the Boomin Genmills. They do a lot of Texas country styled stuff, which may be more of what you're looking for, and they should be reasonably cheap (if you are on a budget).

I think they have a facebook page, but let me know if you need their contact info.
    Anniversary
  • Oh, that reminds me... my brother used a band that my dad is friends with the lead singer... called Willy Kickit. The only reason I'm not using them is because my brother got married a year ago, and we didn't want everyone to see the same band. I think they are really affordable. We had SO much fun with them at their wedding.
    http://willykickit.com/
  • Thanks for the selections ladies.  I'll definitely look into those two.

And, yikes, $4500 is a little over budget... Like 4.5 times.  :)

We are hoping to get someone under $1k (plus all the beer and crawfish you can eat!).  I guess I was looking to seeif y'all knew of any creditable websites or ways to locate bands in the DFW area.  I get so much junk when searching for bands on Google.
    Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
  • When looking for a ceremony musician I put an ad on craigslist and boy howdy I can't stop the emails. Granted, I have found some really good people, and a guy I will probably use, but there is no shortage of people who are willing to work for a reasonable price. Good luck!
  • Try gig masters
    www.gigmasters.com
    Why does time speed up the closer I get to the wedding?
  • I book bands at A&M and as annoying as it sounds, we do a LOT of myspace hunting. Also, you can try looking at various local venues to see what bands they're bringing in. Chances are, some of the "openers" are local Dallas people that will probably play for a really good price. Most of the bands we book will play for less than $500, so they're DEFINITELY out there. Let me know if you want any help/need some suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards