Virginia-Richmond

wedding coordinators

Thinking about hiring a wedding coordinator...any suggestions?? I'm looking not to spend too much because I'm already on a budget...

Re: wedding coordinators

• edited December 2011
    Hey! I signed with Colleen Cook, CCS Events. I love her so far! She has some great idea and really takes the stress off (which is exactly what I was looking for)!
    -Heather
    Soon-To-Be Heather Nixon
  • ndenikendenike member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I was actually thinking about using Colleen!!! Are her prices reasonable?
  • edited December 2011
    I think so. It's sooo worth it! She gets exclusive deals with vendors and knows so much about the business.
    Soon-To-Be Heather Nixon
  • edited December 2011
    We were married on 8/1/10. Angela was supposed to be our wedding coordinator. We had a horrible experience. This is a partial list of things that went wrong. If anyone is considering using Angela, I strongly suggest you email me at keithbpatterson@yahoo.com to get the real scoop.

Things that went wrong:
    * 6 hours late on the day of the wedding.
    * No speariment leaves on the tables.
    * No mason jars with candles on the table.
    * Candles that she purchased to hang on the trees were never hung and we still had to pay for them.
    * Candles that were purchased for the pond were not put on the pond but we still had to pay for them.
    * Flowers were poor quality
    * Additional charges for the transportation that we weren't made aware of
    * Additional charges for the tent rentals that we weren't made aware of
    * Vendors all told us she wouldn't return their phone calls.
    * We never recieved an estimated cost budget per the contract.
    * She never contacted the vendors prior to the event per the contract.
    * Not enough seats at the wedding site.
    * Not enough seats under the tent.
    * Back up generator wasn't there. Generator ran out of gas half way through the wedding.
    * Wedding bags were not delivered to the hotels on time.
    * Honey jars were not on the table
    * Program had spelling errors.
    * Errors with transportation
    * The tiki torches that we paid for weren't put out.

Imagine your wedding that was supposed to have lots of candlelight and torches suddenly going pitch black in the middle because your wedding planner shows up 6 hours late and didn't have time to put out all the candles and torches that she charged you for. She also didn't get the backup generator nor did she make sure that the vendors had enough gas for the generator. The centerpieces are not what you ask for, the rehersal dinner tableclothes are wrong, and pretty much everything you asked her to do you had to do yourself, yet you still get charged. THAT was our experience with Angela and yet she still demanded to get paid citing that she just had a baby and had to pay her mortgage.
  • edited December 2011
    We were married on 8/1/10. Angela was supposed to be our wedding coordinator. We had a horrible experience. This is a partial list of things that went wrong. If anyone is considering using Angela, I strongly suggest you email me at keithbpatterson@yahoo.com to get the real scoop.

Things that went wrong:
    * 6 hours late on the day of the wedding.
    * No speariment leaves on the tables.
    * No mason jars with candles on the table.
    * Candles that she purchased to hang on the trees were never hung and we still had to pay for them.
    * Candles that were purchased for the pond were not put on the pond but we still had to pay for them.
    * Flowers were poor quality
    * Additional charges for the transportation that we weren't made aware of
    * Additional charges for the tent rentals that we weren't made aware of
    * Vendors all told us she wouldn't return their phone calls.
    * We never recieved an estimated cost budget per the contract.
    * She never contacted the vendors prior to the event per the contract.
    * Not enough seats at the wedding site.
    * Not enough seats under the tent.
    * Back up generator wasn't there. Generator ran out of gas half way through the wedding.
    * Wedding bags were not delivered to the hotels on time.
    * Honey jars were not on the table
    * Program had spelling errors.
    * Errors with transportation
    * The tiki torches that we paid for weren't put out.

Imagine your wedding that was supposed to have lots of candlelight and torches suddenly going pitch black in the middle because your wedding planner shows up 6 hours late and didn't have time to put out all the candles and torches that she charged you for. She also didn't get the backup generator nor did she make sure that the vendors had enough gas for the generator. The centerpieces are not what you ask for, the rehersal dinner tableclothes are wrong, and pretty much everything you asked her to do you had to do yourself, yet you still get charged. THAT was our experience with Angela and yet she still demanded to get paid citing that she just had a baby and had to pay her mortgage.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards