Attire & Accessories Forum

help with dress shape

I'm completely useless when it comes to figuring out which shape works best for my body type, no matter how many books I read....
Please tell me what do you think and why.

dress #1

dress #2

dress #3

dress #4

dress #5
Obviously, I like the ruffles dress but I'm 5'4'' and 130lbs. Also it may not look like it in the picture but I have a small bust  Embarassed
Also do you think this will suit me?
http://www.onewed.com/wedding-dresses/designer/san-patrick/dress/sweetheart/a-line/floor-length/epsilon/
Thanks a lot!

Re: help with dress shape

• PiruPiru member
    First Comment
    I like 3 the best, 2 the least.
    And if you should die before me, ask if you can take a friend. Pick a flower, close your eyes,and drift away- STP
    June siggy challenge!
  • I think 3 and 4 are the most flattering, they give you a waist.
  • I like #3 and LOVE #4. If it were between the two, my favorite is #4.

• I love dress #3! it is really flattering on you. I also love the wrapped bodice.
  • I love dress 3
    image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Mommy 3 Months Old image Tristan 3 Months Old Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I like 3 and 4 the most, particularly 4. They give you a beautiful curvy hourglass figure. You're thin and well-proportioned enough to pull off a great mermaid dress without looking too hippy.

1 and 5 are just meh. They do nothing for you. I think they create lines that are too straight on you, no curves. They make you look like a girl, not a woman.

2 is just absolutely gawd-awful on you. It hits you in all the wrong places and the bust just looks really weird.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • 3 and 4 are definitely the best--3 is my favorite.  The others don't do anything for you.  I also don't think the dress in the link will look good on you.  Your body looks better in the more trumpet-like shape.

• I like 1 a lot, but 4 is my absolute fave. It's GORGEOUS on you.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I LOVE #4 on you. It looks stunning! It gives you curves in all the right places. 2 and 5 hit your hips in a weird place and don't give the stunning silhouette that #4 and #3 do.

• Number 4 looks gorgeous on you!  It's definitely my fave.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like #1 and #4 the best.  #3 is okay, but I don't like the shiny fabric, although that's just me.  You have a great figure, and I think any of these would be stunning!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 3 and 4 look the best on you. I like 3 the best.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 3 and 4 are definitely the best, although #3 is my favorite.   They give you a longer waist with a great hourglass shape.  The diagonal rouching helps give you the longer look, and I'm guessing at least one of those dresses had a corset back?  That definitely gives anyone an hourglass shape.  In 3, the contrast in the direction of the ruching from the waist and chest area make your boobs look bigger, too.  The ruffles help accentuate your hips by flowing out from the dropped waist.  HTH!
  • 3 and 4 are the best...but I think I like 4 the best on you.  Gives you a gorgeous shape and it's simply stunning!

• #1 and #4 are the best on you.  They accentuate your waist and give you an hour glass shape.  I know I'm the lone wolf on this one, but I think you look best in #1.
  • #4 looks amazing on you.  I can see why others think #3 and it does look great on you but I think it has too much going on between the ruffles and the one shoulder.  I think it should be one or the other so #3 gets my vote.

• kee80kee80 member
    First Comment
    I like #1 and #4 the best!
  • edited April 2010
    I like 1 and 4 best. I am not a big fan of the mermaid gowns, so I really like 1 on you.

I see you are in Columbus, that is were we are both from and are getting married. What dress shop are you at in those photos? I got my dress at Alan Ray, but went to so many...lol
  • #3 looks amazing on you. 4 would be my 2nd choice
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow!  You look great in everything!  Each dress is so pretty on you. You are so lucky to have such a nice figure.  I think number 4 is the most figure flattering on you. Your body looks fabulous in it!  But, all of them are great choices.  Kudos on your sense of style!

• I can tell you like the A-Line shape, as they are all A-Line except for dress 4, which is a mermaid. I think the A-lines make you look bigger in the middle. They do not shape you well. My vote is dress #4, it shows off your small waist, and curvy hips, in a good way. Very nice. Dress 5 is a hot mess, I'm sorry, it looks like a bird. The others are nice, but I think dress 3 has too much going on. People will look at the shoulder, ruffles and ruching, instead of the bride.

I think dress 4 looks beautiful on you, but remember, its the dress that YOU love that you should buy, not what we all think online, or at home with you. Buy the dress that you cannot stop thinking about, or you will have buyers remourse.  
  • I agree with 3 and 4. I like 1 and 5, but not as much as 3 and 4. And I do not like 2 at all.
    imageimageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_dress-shape?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:9ddec768-c36e-4d1f-b55a-82aff35a4989Post:543d1b97-9719-4984-859e-4bfa5080985b">Re: help with dress shape</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like 3 the best, 2 the least.
    Posted by Piru[/QUOTE]

Yup. #3 is great on you!
  • i LOVE #4 on you!  it makes your figure look lovely and curvy.

• The 4 totally rocks! It looks really amazing!=)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_dress-shape?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:9ddec768-c36e-4d1f-b55a-82aff35a4989Post:049b102b-bc28-42b7-a429-84b6867b5d0e">Re: help with dress shape</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like #1 and #4 the best.  #3 is okay, but I don't like the shiny fabric, although that's just me.  You have a great figure, and I think any of these would be stunning!
    Posted by lharri12[/QUOTE]

I agree- #1 and #4 are fantastic on you!
  • Thank you, All! You are all very sweet. Thank you for all your advice and kind words. I really appreciate all of your comments. I like this forum...feels like having lots of sisters helping me with dress selection Smile

saw02f, swim1011, ring_pop thanks for the detailed explanations. That helps a lot. I'm the kinda girl who cannot tell the difference between A-line and mermaid, etc.

moneypenny424, thanks for commenting on the san patrick (you're the only one Smile)

missysue20, I went to bridal shops in Cincinnati. I bet I went to more bridal shops than you did Laughing. No.1 is from Bridal and Formal, no.4 is from European Bridal. JoAnn in European Bridal is the best bridal consultant I've ever met.

Woodie, you're the first one who ever said I have a great sense of styleWink thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards