Maryland-Baltimore

Wedding Day Recap

Finally I'm making time to write this. We have been incredibly busy for months now. DH sold his house today, after being on the market for a year and a half almost! So since we got back from the HM I have been working like crazy at work and moving. But things will settle after Christmas... But I digress, back to the wedding day...

Thursday night - the rehearsal went ok though the coordinator was 20 minutes late and I felt completely lost. I had invited children to the rehearsal dinner and said it was fine to bring kids to the church as well. That was sort of a mistake. Kids were running around every where and parents couldn't pay attention b/c they were watching their kids. But the dinner was perfect! We all had a great time and I'm glad the kids were there then. The BMs all loved their coach wristlets and the other goodies I got them. I'm SO thankful I did the rehearsal Thursday night though instead of Friday night!

Friday - both DH and I had off work and we ran around all day. It was kind of intense and my stomach hurt all day from nerves. But we got everything done and I spent the night at home alone while DH spent the night at his parents. Don't feel sorry for me, I wanted to spend the night alone! I kept telling everyone I needed some regroup time before the wedding day hussle and bustle and it helped. I finished packing for the HM, cleaned the house, and went to bed. Yeah, I'm like Monica on Friends, a clean house calms me :)

Saturday - the weather was perfect. We couldn't have asked for better for November. I got to my mom's around 8:00 am and Trena (make up) arrived at 8:15 am with her twins. Erika (hair) arrived at 10 am. Each BM, FG and mom got appt times that I had scheduled myself so that the girls could arrive staggered. It worked wonderfully. Everyone made fun of me for my 8 page packet of info for the bridal party but it was so worth it. With 8 BMs, a FG and 2 moms it was crazy but fun. We ate finger foods and drank mimosas :) Unfortunately I developed a very bad sore throat that morning and could barely swallow but I suffered through it and popped Advil every few hours. I didn't have a sore throat the day before but it was BAD on Saturday. I didn't even have a cold but later I found out it was a throat infection, like strep, and antiobiotics cleared it up in one day! I didn't tell anyone I was sick until Sunday though b/c I didn't want anyone to feel sorry for me on my wedding day! Anyway, we finished getting ready and the limo took us to a park on the water for our reveal. Thank goodness we did that. My nerves really settled down once I saw my DH. God love him, he can calm me down like no one else. The pics turned out beautifully though it was windy by the water and the girs were cold and a tad wind-blown.

The ceremony went wonderfully... DH didn't speak loud enough and no one could hear him but I spoke extra loud and everyone could hear me (opposite of our norms!). We did some more photos after the ceremony then the limo took just DH and I to Turf Valley. We drank champagne in the limo... I needed more and more b/c my throat was hurting so bad! We made it Turf Valley right when the cocktail hour was beginning. It was perfect. We spent time talking to people before we were formally introduced but I'm glad we did that too. The reception went very well. I felt a little bad that I didn't get time to talk to everyone. We went around table to table but some people weren't seated. After dinner and our first dance, we barely left the dance floor all night! People told me they never saw a B & G have so much fun on their wedding day! We danced so much my toes were numb the whole next week! That had never happened to me before! We had a few snags at TV but they were resolved. Chris, our coordinator for the night, was very good. After a few drinks my throat was less painful. I was never drunk but you know, that good feeling when the pain is gone. It was a perfect tipsiness :) We spent the night at TV and my BMs decorated my room for me! With a nice bubble bath in the jacuzzi tub, scattered rose petals throughout the room, lit votive candles, and a kuma sutra book :) I gave DH his gift (b-pics book) after the reception and when we were by ourselves in our room. He loved it. A few of our guests went to the bar/lounge after the reception ended but DH and I didn't have the energy once we finished saying good byes and making sure everything gotten taken home.

Anyway, the day was perfect. I got everything I wanted out of it. I did everything I wanted and even with a sore throat, I had the best wedding ever. I'll have to make another post for the vendor reviews and HM recap because this one is already too long! Thanks for reading :)

Re: Wedding Day Recap

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards