Wedding Woes
Options

split families

I just got engaged a week ago. Yea!!! I'm already feeling the stress of my parents divroce, which happened when I was five. My 16 yr old sis is making comments about not being wanted at dress shopping. This comment is directed at my mom, who is not a good mingler with anyone, and is the same way when she's put in a room with my stepmom & sister. My mom is already giving me, "if I were you..." about who I should have in my wedding party. How do I handle all this? How do I make everyone come together for this occasion that I'm over the moon about and want EVERYONE to be a part of?

Elizabeth

Re: split families

• Options

I don't think that you are going to have the kumbaya moment you're looking for.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_split-families?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:b827358f-9a94-42c7-b03d-16c451dc4936Post:1b132fe4-2048-4b1d-a540-eb65e932a6b0">split families</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just got engaged a week ago. Yea!!! I'm already feeling the stress of my parents divroce, which happened when I was five. My 16 yr old sis is making comments about not being wanted at dress shopping. This comment is directed at my mom, who is not a good mingler with anyone, and is the same way when she's put in a room with my stepmom & sister. My mom is already giving me, "if I were you..." about who I should have in my wedding party. How do I handle all this? How do I make everyone come together for this occasion that I'm over the moon about and want EVERYONE to be a part of? Elizabeth
    Posted by bettyt2123[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's possible to have everyone come together if their personalities already clash. You can do things with you Mom, things with your sister, things with your step mom, and the only time they'll need to all be in the same room is at the rehearsal dinner and at the wedding, where they can be seated in different areas. If you're worried someone's going to get crazy sit them down and tell them it is important to you that the people in your life get along, that it's only for a few hours, and that you appreciate knowing they will make the effort.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards