Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

First dance time limit

How long should a first dance be? The song I have chosen is a little over 4 minutes. I know I don't want to dance for that long, so what would you suggest is a decent time limit?

Re: First dance time limit

• edited December 2011
    Awww!  Feel better quick!  Airborne, a multi-vitamin, Zicam, and extra Vitamin C is my get well quick cocktail of choice.  Down with lots of water!
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would ask your DJ/Entertainment for their suggestions.  4 minutes is a long time when you are standing there watching--but if you want to dance the whole song then go for it!

I have seen very few people dance the whole song. I would say about 2 minutes would be ideal. If you want to dance the whole song maybe you can add your BP dancing with you at the half way mark!

HTH!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • alog669alog669 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dance is 6 minutes, but it will go with a slide show, so we will watch the first 2-3 min of slides, then cut into our dance.
  • Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    an option is to also have "anyone in love" join you two half way through the song...this is what our DJ suggested when we thought about a longer song.
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of having people join you on the dance floor.  Not crazy about the suggestion for the WP, unless you'd be having them dance with their OWN dates.  Then it would be cute.

But I do think that 4 mintues of a spotlight dance is too long.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    4 minutes will feel VERY long with all those eyes on you.  We're doing "let's call the whole thing off" since my fiance is australian and I'm american and we obviously pronounce those words differently!  The song is kinda long, but we're fading it out after about a minute and a half since neither of us are very dancy people.  So, you could just ask your dj to shorten a song you love.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards