Attire & Accessories Forum

"Day of" Bras???

What are you girls wearing bras with your wedding dress?  I bought one of those bras that stick to you, but am second guessing that now. 

Re: "Day of" Bras???

• I had cups sewn into my dress. Very comfy and no hassle!
  • My dress had a built in corset and cups/underwire already there. I didn't need anything else.
  • I had cups sewn into my gown. It worked out perfectly.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • i have cups in my dress but they are not nearly supportive enough so I'm taping things up
  • As I have a C cup, cups sewn into my dress won't do anything to make the girls look pretty day of. 

I went to Bloomingdales and found a long-line strapless bra by Felina.  $50.  It was unlike other long line straplesses because it's soft mesh and has no hard wiring.  it's comfortable and keeps the girls in place :)
    BabyFruit Ticker If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think. Even if we're apart i'll always be with you. - A.A. Milne
  • I'm a D, and my seamstress was able to use underwires when she sewed the cups into mine that worked really well. There are ways around it if you don't want to wear an actual bra, regardless of cup size.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Yeah, the success of using cups has a lot to do with the structure of your dress as well as the cups. My dress was snug and the cups were thick foam, so they provided plenty of support (I'm a C).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_day-of-bras?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:405af1ac-ec2b-4ae2-af34-9398f2daec93Post:d2e829ce-0f61-4822-99ce-5c1fdc0bf301">Re: "Day of" Bras???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a D, and my seamstress was able to use underwires when she sewed the cups into mine that worked really well. There are ways around it if you don't want to wear an actual bra, regardless of cup size.
    Posted by twilight.rose[/QUOTE]
    Thanks, this info is good to know!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_day-of-bras?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:405af1ac-ec2b-4ae2-af34-9398f2daec93Post:da83783b-ecd7-4d0a-80e1-2cb519b6e072">"Day of" Bras???</a>:
    [QUOTE]What are you girls wearing bras with your wedding dress?  I bought one of those bras that stick to you, but am second guessing that now. 
    Posted by greenic[/QUOTE]
    Not sure if there are multiple kinds of sticky bras, but the one time I did use one, I couldn't wait to unstick myself!  This kind was like a sticky paper bra...never again.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Don't really know what you are needing, but I have cups sewn in my dress, I also bought me a bustier for the extra support I have a halter dress, but the bustier came in handy for that little bit of belly I have left....that's why I went with a bustier, but the sewn in cups should be fine if you don't want to wear a bra....GL!!!!
    Mrs. Jones= again Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My problem is saggy boobs - they are D cups and there are structured cups in the dress, and it is tight enough to hold the girls up but the problem is that then they look concave from the top swell of them to my collar bone and there is a gap between the dress straps and my body. The seemstress shortened the straps and it is tight enough around and under the bust. I would wear a bra but I can't find one the doesn't show in the back or front. I tried stuffing socks in the bottom/side of the structured dress cups but it feels weird. If I take a deep breath and hold it everything fills out but I need a realistic solution. I think my boobs are too heavy for the stick on ones to work. Any ideas?  
  •  I would suggest going in and getting a proper measurment for your bra. I am a DD and that is what I am planning on doing, so that I don't spend my wedding pulling myself back up.
  • My dress is too small as it is, so they've suggested I don't wear a bra-- and since I finally have boobs I'm okay with it
    Sarah Kropf Wedding Countdown Ticker 98image 12image 4image
  • If you plan on buying a bra instead of having cups sewn into your dress, make sure you take the dress with you when you try them on so you can see whether the bra's wiring or lining will show under the dress. I highly recommend avoiding buying a bra online, and go to a specialty bridal shop. The bras there may be more expensive, but they're designed to be worn comfortably under any wedding dress, so you're guaranteed to get a bra that will make you look great and will feel comfortable under your dress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards