Wedding Etiquette Forum

Chit chat, anyone?

Re: Chit chat, anyone?

• I have, uh, LOTS of Pyrex.  I'm obsessed with Pyrex.  
    I need to invest in a lighting box, or whatever they are called, and redo all my pictures.  It's going to take FOREVER.  Not to mention get all the stuff listed that is sitting in my office and my garage.
    In fun news, H has given me the OK to start my own business.  I  just need to find financing :)  That shoud be east, right? :P
    Photobucket
  • You'll appreciate taking that class now soon enough MuSu. 
  • KJB - YGPM

Musu - I hated night classes. The only good thing was it cut down on my day classes and I could get it over with in one sitting.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • And aren't summer classes usually shorter than regular term classes?
  • edited May 2012
    I know once fall comes around I will be happy that it lightened my load. It's a finance and accounting class geared toward lawyers so basically my least favorite subject ever: numbers. Haha. Eta: yeah loops, it's only thru Jun 28 so at least it's short.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a35ff63b-5844-41d1-841d-d3b347d24ec2Post:5bead4aa-2b96-48e3-a3b7-8c8d2758f508">Re: Chit chat, anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]And aren't summer classes usually shorter than regular term classes?
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes, by a lot. It can be good and bad. It's a lot faster paced but the light at the end of the tunnel isn't as far away. </div>
  • can I get the link to your etsy store too?  I like buying stuff! hahaha
  • KJB, I was right. Your store is definitely etsy heaven for me. 
  • KJB you have a store?

I was glad I never registered for night classes mainly for the reason that I would not have been able to work because traveling to Seattle twice in one day or staying in the city all day would have eaten up all my time.
    1yearafterHow a year can make such a difference! Formerly Ciaram22Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited May 2012
    My night class works with my work schedule since I will be done with work at 4:30 it's a government job so the hours are always the same and the class starts at 5:30. Tues and Thurs will be long ass days though. Eta: stupid tk mobile got rid of my parenthesis.
  • That IS a short class.  

I like numbers :)  I was a Finance major.  Many many years ago.
  • I do - vintage online store on etsy.  It's my little hobby on my days off work.  
    Photobucket
  • KJB - I didn't know you had a store either.
  • I looked into summer courses when I was in college and I think the whole program was 6 weeks long.
    1yearafterHow a year can make such a difference! Formerly Ciaram22Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a35ff63b-5844-41d1-841d-d3b347d24ec2Post:edefb2c3-a6f9-4f4b-9733-9b5e99240ee3">Re: Chit chat, anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]VENDOR!
    Posted by Beachy730[/QUOTE]
    HOOKER!
    Photobucket
  • edited May 2012
    Some of that stuff would make my grandma swoon. She loves old pyrex stuff and usually buys it if she sees it when they are out.

I love it too.
  • That's cool KJB.  
  • Evening!

I'm eating a bowl of fruit and finishing up a diaper cake for a coworker's baby shower. I've made a couple of them in the past and I don't feel that this one is as cute as my others. I guess the mom isn't going to care- it's just diapers, but I always wanted to be crafty like my mom and sadly I don't think I have it in me. :/
  • I'm playing peekaboo with E who keeps hiding behind the curtain. It is hilarious.
  • I made a diaper cake for a friend of mine's shower and I thought it turned out cute.  Then I got there and there were 2 more there, that looked like they'd been done by like professionals and I thought mine looked chintzy in comparison. :(  But my friend loved it.  And the little bear thing I used as a topper is actually what her son uses as his travel "lovie" so he has something familiar with him when they go places.
  • Okay I need help dressing myself.

I'm going to FI's cousin's wedding at the end of June. It's an evening wedding and I think it's somewhat formal based on the little I know about it. What type of dress should I wear? FI mentioned he is planning on wearing his suit. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello. I forgot to tell you guys that H's best man broke his leg in two places at our reception so we had to end it early. Anyway, we went to visit him today. He seems to be doing well. He's staying at his parents (he lives and works 2 hours away) and is off work for 3-4 months. His GF is leaving for a job in Alaska this week until October so I feel really bad for him. But I'm really glad it wasn't me or H right before the honeymoon. 
  • Loopy- that's sweet about the little bear. I always put flowers on mine and I've never even thought about putting other things on the top- like a bear. I would probably save a ton of money that way. 
  • Aleigh, what did he do? 
  • How did he manage to break his leg in 2 places aleigh?

Petal your sig is huge.
  • Aleigh how did he break his leg?

Petal: I think a dress like the one you have in your sig picture would work.
  • I've never made or received a diaper cake.
  • C- I love making them. They're pretty easy to make, but can get kind of pricey. I spent $400 on one diaper cake I made. 
  • OMG - Aleigh - how did that happen?  I'm glad he's okay (except for the broken leg).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards