Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Do you think its weird?

to have both mom and dad walk me down the aisle?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Do you think its weird?

• Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    If I am not mistaken, that is the typical protocol in Jewish ceremonies.  I think it is a lovely way to honor both parents.
  • Options
    ^Yup, it's Jewish tradition for both parents to walk the bride down the aisle and "give the bride away", for lack of a better term.

It's becoming pretty common now for the Non-Jews, too. A lot of people feel close to their moms, especially their single moms who raised them.
  • Options
    Not at all.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't think it's weird; both my parents walked me down the aisle. I figured, they both raised me and were equally huge parts of my life, so why not?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    Nope I love it and think it is very very sweet
  • Options
    pkontkpkontk member
    First Comment
    Its definitely fine for mom and dad to walk you down the aisle.  I think it is a lovely gesture to the people who raised you.
  • Options
      I have been leaving towards this, my father and I are not very close. Plus there is no 'giving away. I am an adult
    ** I don't believe that old cliche that good things come to those who wait. I think good things come to those who want something so bad they can't sit still **
  • Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    Another vote for not at all weird.

In fact, FI's parents will walk down with him at the start of the ceremony, then all the wedding party will go, then the flower girls, and finally me and my mom.
    Lizzie
  • Options
    not a little bit werid.  parents are both huge to one's life
  • Options
    Not weird.
  • Options
    Not weird at all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards