Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

In need of...

Okay, so I am going down my to-inquire-about list and I came across, MAKE-UP! I'm not sure how to go about looking for someone to do my make-up. (I am a light skinned African American BUT my BM's are not) I mean do it really matter if I have a Caucasian make-up artist or African American? I want the airbrush make-up with the glam effect of lashes, smokey eyes, maybe glitter, idk! I want to be glamorous. My girls will probably do the natural look. Please help with any recommendations. (Oh btw, I would need someone who travels for we will be needing services at our hotel room)
Soon to be MR. & MRS. ANTHONY PRICE JR! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: In need of...

• What is your budget for this? It can get quite expensive. Some recent ones have been: Angie Willams, TC Makeup, Knockout Beauty, and Nicole Cano. You could also go to a place like Haute Facade if you have a large BP. Any MUA will come to you.
  • Well I'm not sure... I don't expect to pay no more than $60 each for the girls and me no more than $200 (maybe). I have 4 girls total in the bridal party not including me.
    Soon to be MR. & MRS. ANTHONY PRICE JR! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • When I used Angie in 2011, she had a deal where bridesmaids could get hair and makeup for a package price, or separate prices for each.  I paid for my BMs hair and told them they could either pay the makeup artist for their makeup or do their own.  I know that she won't do both hair and makeup for $60 a girl, although it might have been $65 each (it's been a long time and I don't have her invoice anymore).  For me it was like $195.

As far as the skin color, most makeup artists should be able to do any skin tone.  I am SUUUPER pale and my MOH is Pakistani (so considerably darker than I), and we both had Angie do our makeup and looked awesome.
    Anniversary

• Yeah you should be able to get makeup for that but not both hair and makeup although 200 is a good budget for you for possibly both.
  • I just recieved a quote from a MUA this morning, that I'm thinking of trying The quote she sent me is within your price range. Marilona Galindo of Marilona Makeovers.
  • Random, but related question. I see a lot of these artists have packages for the bride and the bridesmaids. How long does it actually take to do all of this? I have 6 bridesmaids and I can't imagine one person coming in and doing all of their hair and make up. What do people usually do for these types of situations? Thanks!
  • I would say to plan for at least 3 hours of hair and makeup, more if it's just one person.  Angie brought an assistant who did the makeup for all the bridesmaids and my mom, while Angie did everyone's hair, and then when everyone was done she did my hair and makeup, which took probably 45 minutes to an hour alone.

I think she arrived at the hotel at 8 am and we left for the church around 11:30, so it was probably 3.5 hours for 5 bridesmaids, my mom, and me with two girls working.
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_in-need-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:050f52f6-dea5-4739-b3b3-f2d51fb01679Post:d7faa75f-a98f-421f-8cb0-e69ab4521e13">Re: In need of...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Random, but related question. I see a lot of these artists have packages for the bride and the bridesmaids. How long does it actually take to do all of this? I have 6 bridesmaids and I can't imagine one person coming in and doing all of their hair and make up. What do people usually do for these types of situations? Thanks!
    Posted by cmmadison[/QUOTE]

Most artists require that you pay for an assistant for more than 5 people.  Each BM will take an hour for both hair and makeup, and then you need to allow at least 2 hours for you (not including time to dress and put on your accessories).  For just 3 of us, including myself, it took almost 5 hours and I ended up wishing we had started earlier because I felt rushed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards