Snarky Brides

Friday Morning

2»

Re: Friday Morning

• I don't think there's a prize for dressing up, since pretty much everyone does it. I was looking at the pictures from 2011's race, and I'd say about 80% of the runners were in some sort of costume.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_friday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:caf31e53-584d-47d6-8907-adab0ed8cd3ePost:c241d29d-05da-4a99-a3e3-9993d6d7f24e">Re: Friday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay so I lied.  No work for me yet.  Maybe next week. GAH.  I know it's their slow time, and I'm getting paid more but I want to do SOMETHING ALREADY. ETA: Just figured out now I have Firefox on this computer. *headdesk*  <strong>Good riddance IE</strong>.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

<div>IE is the worst.  You should put Google Chrome on it. I loves me some Google Chrome.</div>
  • edited January 2012
    Edie - That's true.  Firefox isn't bad, definitely way better than IE.  

Ahhh, I love that none of my posts are showing up.  

ETA:  Now they are showing up.  Damn you TK.
  • Hey ladies,

I'm super glad it's Friday.  I need to deep clean some stuff this weekend but I can never do it during the week because of people's schedules and a certain person and her friends that never leave the apartment.

I'm having the hardest time trying to think of things to get K for his care packages this deployment.  I seriously feel like I wander stores until something just strikes me.  Plus I need a new vacuum sealer for the baked goods I end up sending. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I wish I could create a new thread, but since I can't, I'll post this here. H read this in his Fox News app last night: http://tinyurl.com/7h5l3vg

CN: Size 6 is now considered Plus Sized in the modeling industry.

This irks me to no end. While I'm not surprised (they did mention something of this sort in "The Devil Wears Prada" in 2006) it's still both sad and irritating at the same time.

I know that right around that time, too, that the modeling industry set BMI standards for their runway models, which I highly doubt were strictly enforced. I remember looking up models like Miranda Kerr and Alessandra Ambrosio and magically seeing their measurements change almost overnight. My guess is, they were lying in order to keep their careers. I can't imagine a 5'10" model going from 110lbs to 129lbs overnight just so they'd reach the minimum BMI standard of 18.5. 
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • jcb, I'm so impressed!  Good work :)  See, I knew you could do it!

I'm tired.  I was dumb and scheduled an appointment for early and stayed up too late. 

BUT!!!!!  LASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAY.  I plan to do nothing to benefit that place beyond what I absolutely need to do.  I see a lot of knotting in my evening.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Hola ladies!

This week has been insane. H found out he got a new job on Friday, so on Monday he went to his current employer and was going to give  his two week's notice. Well, there was no need for that because he and 25 other employees were laid off that day! I almost have chills from how perfect the timing was for him to get his new job, especially since I'm not working much right now.

I am looking forward to today at school-we're simulating Revolutionary War battles outside with the kids. It will be chaos but awesome! And then I have a three day weekend, so H and I are going to go on a date this weekend.

Mehg-ugh, size 6 really?? So gross that's the world we live in.
  • Whoa, what excellent timing, Sere!

Is he going to take some time off, or is he going to start the new job sooner?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_friday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:caf31e53-584d-47d6-8907-adab0ed8cd3ePost:482c0373-2283-4bbf-b838-50cbce91a4b0">Re: Friday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sere, that's kismet.  I think that's what it's called?  Good for your H! lbarr/Edie - why do you like google chrome?  Thanks, J!  Have a great last day!  That's great that you get to start your new job on Monday.  Are you doing lunch and a ? today?  Please?
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to me! I got a little goosebumpy when he told me what happened!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_friday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:caf31e53-584d-47d6-8907-adab0ed8cd3ePost:36792923-1dd7-4caf-af47-79a2439f968f">Re: Friday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]J&K, congrats!! Megh, size 6?? Really??  That just makes me angry.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

I know right? I'm a size 6. I can now be a plus sized model.
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • That whole size 6 thing is really disturbing.  At the same time, I don't find it all that suprising coming from the fashion/modeling industry.  We have watched skeletons on the catwalk for years.  

Also, in their defense (if I can even really defend that) I thought I remember hearing Tim Gunn or some other fashion guru talking about how the sizing scale is all wrong.  6's are really 8's, etc.  <--- Nice boost for your self esteem right thurr.  :(
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_friday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:caf31e53-584d-47d6-8907-adab0ed8cd3ePost:17e584db-bf0d-4ebe-beb3-cdd2a37f7642">Re: Friday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Morning : I know right? I'm a size 6. I can now be a plus sized model.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

<div>Me too!  Woo hoo!  This is ridiculous. </div>
  • jcb- I have to say the same things as edie.  Overall I just like the layout better, it's simple, and really fast.  I also like the "incognito" function.  My internet is secure but when I do online banking, etc.  It deletes all the cookies once you exit it and things aren't recorded in your browsing history (great for around Christmas time if FI ever snooped)
  • Wow J&K.  Happy dance time!

Sere that's crazy perfect timing for you and your H.

It's kind of disgusting how skinny they want "plus sized" models to be.  It also can make things really annoying for actual plus sized women that go looking for clothes and can't even begin to imagine what they would look like in them because the model is so far removed from their own body type that there is no comparison.  If you ladies are avid runners and plus sized it makes me a little punchy.
  • edited January 2012
    Morning ladies!

I braved the roads, but only 3 of us made it in. It's really bad here, and we have more coming. Yippee for living next to the big snow machine.

This week has gone quickly for me and I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow. I plan to finish, some craft projects I have started so I can start a few others for Spring, cause it's coming!

I also had weird dreams last night. I dont remember much, just that DH's grandbaby was in it.

And if a 6 is plus size, I mus be the back end of a elephant.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_friday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:caf31e53-584d-47d6-8907-adab0ed8cd3ePost:482c0373-2283-4bbf-b838-50cbce91a4b0">Re: Friday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sere, that's kismet.  I think that's what it's called?  Good for your H! lbarr/Edie - why do you like google chrome?  Thanks, J!  Have a great last day!  That's great that you get to start your new job on Monday.  Are you doing lunch and a ? today?  Please?
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  I think I can probably come up with something for lunch and a question today!

• Sere, that is amazing! What great timing. Congratulations to you and your husband.

Is every one else on TN this morning?
  • My transfer got accepted yesterday and I am moving offices in February, I bawled my eyes out today when I told my boss. I also told him one of the main reasons was drunky. I have never cried giving notice before I am such a wuss lately.

Everyone in the office seems pretty pissed that I am leaving except a few people.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_friday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:caf31e53-584d-47d6-8907-adab0ed8cd3ePost:64dfa296-bde8-48ea-88a0-b5b853b2c0ee">Re: Friday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning, all! We got snow. Well, we're still getting snow, really. It's not a lot, just enough to make the commute into work a pain in the ass. I really hate how people can't learn to drive in the snow. But...now that I'm in my office and away from the headcases on the road, I think the snow looks really pretty outside. :)
    Posted by september's bride[/QUOTE]

We're supposed to get snow this weekend. I don't know where you're at but people around here are just stupid. It's really hilly and people will take their 2wd car with no chains out and attempt to go up hills. Do they make it? NO. They get stuck and instead of turning around as they lose momentum they just keep trying to go until they can't move anymore. Then what? They ditch their cars. Brilliant! Then no one can go anywhere. It's ridiculous. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards