Wedding Etiquette Forum

Unpopular opinions

Re: Unpopular opinions

• I've never seen the princess bride, FI father LOVES this movie. I don't get abstract art either, and FI has not seen any of the Star Wars movies.
  • Also, the sword fighting.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • The Princess Bride isn't a chick flick!  It is, however, a classic.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • in my opinion if you refuse to discipline your bratty, screaming, whining child - it's only fair that I get to because I'm the one who is forced to listen to them
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

*No pony, no I do!*
  • ::snickers at alix::

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2e3ad6c9-8951-45f0-984d-3c693c3e7637Post:cc4e4b33-9f3b-48ed-bd11-b7c42abe43af">Re: Unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpopular opinions : Do you mean like, abstract art? I personally find art in all sorts of things, (clothes, furniture, food presentation, photography, painting, theatre, etc) so I'm confused.
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

I guess art for art's sake. FI could (and has) spend days at the Louvre. I could barely do an hour. I think buildings are cool, we have strange mish mash at our house, I have blue prints and he has art. He's getting a Jackson Pollack inspired groom's cake. I don't even know what that means.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm also in the camp that The Princess Bride is not a chick flick.
  • I haven't seen Princess Bride

Or Anchorman

I actually really don't like Will Farrell.

I do like cheese though.  And bacon so...yeah.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2e3ad6c9-8951-45f0-984d-3c693c3e7637Post:2b6b3147-930f-4db2-b335-4f67ddcfd364">Re: Unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]::snickers at alix::
    Posted by mandysmear[/QUOTE]

Yeah... well... uh... at least I knew Hobbits weren't Harry Potter characters! SO THERE.

(that's all I've got)
  • I watch Mean Girls anytime it is on TV. 

I think Marky Mark is so super hot in Fear (oldie). 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Breezerb - I am totally with you, I am pro spankings and can't stand when parents try to reason with a 4 year old.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2e3ad6c9-8951-45f0-984d-3c693c3e7637Post:f834c362-7f4f-444e-a47e-6f6b4324f8c5">Re: Unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, the sword fighting.
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

Fishy, in case you didn't know that's SWORE-ED fighting.

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • I don't like many dogs. I like some dogs. I like cats a lot better. I'm starting to wonder if I even want to get a dog. At all. Cats can take their of themselves for 24 hours and they're cute and soft. Most dogs aren't that soft, they smell like dog, and you have to take them outside.

I can't stand DMB.

I don't really like Tom Hanks.

I do like Lindsay Lohan and I hope she makes a comeback.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • True stories:

Some random guy was honking at H and I while we were running errands in H's car. He was motioning for us to roll the window down, so I did. He then says "Nice license plate!", um, thanks. H has an Ohio Sate logo on his plate (he also has a huge block O on the back window), and so did this guy apparently.

I've also been in the car with H (H's car) and had people honk their horn and then yell  out their window "O H!", to which H is supposed to reply "I O!"

We live in Virginia.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2e3ad6c9-8951-45f0-984d-3c693c3e7637Post:225503fa-7a53-44cb-bcf5-0df36ebf2c28">Re: Unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpopular opinions : Well, just because they're your best friends doesn't mean they have to do EVERYTHING for you, or that you have to tes their loyalty. I mean, I wouldn't ask a friend to write a term paper for me, just because we're friends and she should do it if she loves me because I'm busy with other stuff. That's my job. So is planning my wedding.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

Never said they I expect them to do EVERYTHING for me, nor did I say I expected any planning help. I mean emotional support, advice, listening when I'm frustrated type things.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2e3ad6c9-8951-45f0-984d-3c693c3e7637Post:e8c7e5d0-7643-406e-96ca-50ebf2dffc14">Re: Unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpopular opinions : Not all kids are screaming, whining brats, FYI.
    Posted by btrflykate1230[/QUOTE]

I don't think she said or implied that they were.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Yeah, your bridesmaids don't really HAVE To do that. I mean, as a good friend, sure you would, but they don't HAVE to.

And believe me, sometimes I wish I wouldn't have to, but I do it anyway.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2e3ad6c9-8951-45f0-984d-3c693c3e7637Post:7fea3749-8d0e-4dfd-b303-a2c89dffc028">Re: Unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought the very first Saw movie was awesome.  It scared me so much I couldn't sleep for a week - that is a good horror movie.
    Posted by pinkpinot[/QUOTE]

If you like Saw, you should like Cube. It is a brilliant low-budget Canadian film, and many people think that Saw took its idea from it.
  • Even well behaved kids can be assssholes sometimes.  I always get stuck sitting next to them in restaurants. 

I hate when I'm in a nice restaurant and people bring their kids.  THere's a reason why they don't have a kids menu here.  They don't want kids here.  So, get your take out and go.  Or get a babysitter.

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • Mery, I don't really like dogs too much either. 

When it comes to animals, I love my own cat like whoa but I don't really like or care about anyone else's expect to oooh and ahh over how cute they are.  I don't really want to pet them or play with them or let them jump all over me though.  Funny thing is, I feel the exact same way about kids.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2e3ad6c9-8951-45f0-984d-3c693c3e7637Post:c630a27c-746b-4b9d-b576-5ef24340bdd6">Re: Unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpopular opinions : This reminds me: it's a running joke among our group of friends to continuously plot out The Worst Movie Of All Time, co-starring Hayden Christiansen and Kristen Stewart in what started out as romantic comedy.  At some point it deteriorated into cyborgs and mutant cows. I agree, though -- THAT was a travesty.
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

Celles, I love you.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I'm gonna go all the way back to like page two and ditto the hating Taylor Swift. She's a terrible singer, and her songs make me stabby. They're all about loving some guy she can't have or being with someone in some trying circumstances, and they're all story like and annoying. Blah!

I also hate beans. Except green beans, oh and Peas. They're gross too.

Boo to Miracle Whip. It's just gross!

(it took me forever to finally catch up to the end of this thread, I looked and there were three posts and 10 minutes later there were 108).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2e3ad6c9-8951-45f0-984d-3c693c3e7637Post:e88d6288-89e3-4a00-9897-3e20ef62d564">Re: Unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpopular opinions : If you like Saw, you should like Cube. It is a brilliant low-budget Canadian film, and many people think that Saw took its idea from it.
    Posted by zippityb[/QUOTE]

I love this!
    *Rafs Girl* Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2e3ad6c9-8951-45f0-984d-3c693c3e7637Post:e78abc5e-4c65-4fb2-b888-4254e99cf35b">Re: Unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, the oddest thing I've ever purchased is the beemer.  Sweet jesus, H gets a TON of compliments on his car whenever he's driving.  No one says a word to me when I'm driving it.  Apparently I'm just the (<strong>overweight and unattractive</strong>) trophy wife driving H's car.
    Posted by wadingmoose[/QUOTE]

Boo to this. You stop that. Also, everyone knows that flashy cars are extensions of the penis, therefore complimenting men on such things is obligatory. Women, not so much. ;)

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • I loathe sour cream, ranch dressing, mayo, miracle whip, cottage cheese, and Brad Childress.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • No, I haven't seen Date Night but perhaps I will.

Lala, I think that is probably the person who said it, I saw it listed on some random dog quotes website and just saved the text because it was funny.

I will never, ever agree to be a BM in a wedding ever again.  It has been the worst experience of my life so far and it will be all over after this Monday (who the eff gets married on a Monday anyway?).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2e3ad6c9-8951-45f0-984d-3c693c3e7637Post:f944f7c6-24fb-4e40-bce0-5c47808e5876">Re: Unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mery, I don't really like dogs too much either.  When it comes to animals, I love my own cat like whoa but I don't really like or care about anyone else's expect to oooh and ahh over how cute they are.  I don't really want to pet them or play with them or let them jump all over me though.  Funny thing is, I feel the exact same way about kids.
    Posted by danieliza1127[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this one Dani. I love love love my dogs, but I'm all eh about other people's dogs. They're cute and all, but I don't really want to pet or play with them.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2e3ad6c9-8951-45f0-984d-3c693c3e7637Post:b290c73e-2ca9-4a19-879b-23d6dcf21554">Re: Unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Even well behaved kids can be assssholes sometimes.  I always get stuck sitting next to them in restaurants.  I hate when I'm in a nice restaurant and people bring their kids.  THere's a reason why they don't have a kids menu here.  They don't want kids here.  So, get your take out and go.  Or get a babysitter.
    Posted by mandysmear[/QUOTE]
    word.
    I posted this on my FB awhile back, it made me livid:
    <a href="http://stfuparents.tumblr.com/post/838010645/quality-memories-are-very-important-screw-the#disqus_thread" rel="nofollow">http://stfuparents.tumblr.com/post/838010645/quality-memories-are-very-important-screw-the#disqus_thread</a>
  • My exH was apparently a pretty well behaved child.

His parents were mortified when he had a temper tantrum in a restaurant once and told his Dad he didn't want any fuucking fries.  Yeah.  not normal behaviour, but even the best kid has their moments.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2e3ad6c9-8951-45f0-984d-3c693c3e7637Post:8b333394-cb4a-450c-b3f6-14805a580a93">Re: Unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Whoa, I'm just catching up here, but Lady Gaga is the bomb, yo. You don't have to like her, but to say that that woman can't sing is just beyond ridiculous.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way about Michael Jackson. You don't have to be a FAN but to say he's an untalented hack is just patently false.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards