Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Affordable Honeymoon spots

My Fiance and I are looking for a Beach Honeymoon resort that is'nt too expensive. Has anyone booked something recently for this summer that you found had great deals? We are VERY open on location as long as their is a nice beach. Anything all inclusive is out of the question because we are going to be using some of our wedding gift money to pay for the hotel and I know all inclusives have to be paid in full before you get there.

Any tips or suggestions are appreciated! thanks!

Re: Affordable Honeymoon spots

• edited December 2011
    We are in a situation similar to you. FI & I recently made the decision to opt for a more affordable honeymoon for us at this time - we're spending 10 days/9 nights in the Outerbanks, NC. It's not a resort, but it's very nice down there with a lot to do. We booked a cute little condo right on the beach in Kill Devil Hills. A deposit was due with the lease to secure the place and the final payment is due 30 days prior, which was nice to not have to pay a ton up front. The cost in comparison the amount of time we'll spend there is very reasonable.

We wanted to do Aruba, but it just wasn't in the budget right now, so we're planning on a trip for our first anniversary next year. Any leftover savings/wedding money will go towards it. I think it was the best decision we could have made, a good compromise & now we have something to look forward past the newlywed phase.
  • edited December 2011
    What is affordable?  How long/ short are you willing to go for? 
  • edited December 2011
    Cruises are also a good option, if you're open to the idea.
  • bre1083bre1083 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are looking to spend around $2,500 for the week on the hotel and food. Anyone know of any good hotels in a beach location in that price range? Not really looking to go on a cruise... went on one and was'nt the best atmosphere for a romantic honeymoon
  • ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really liked Myrtle Beach. It has gotten more crowded over the last few years, but it is a really nice beach. You can get an oceanfront condo for a week for under 1k, and it has a kitchen. You could go out every night for breakfast/lunch/dinner, cook some at home, that would def. keep you under the 2500. I went every year for 3 or 4 years with an X, and it was fantastic. I miss Myrtle Beach and I highly rec. it.

If you have any questions on a good place to stay/eat just send me a PM.
  • bigjajapoofbigjajapoof member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went with a Travel Agent @ liberty Travel that we always use for our vacations. We were able to get a 5 night 6 day (Sun-Fri) all inclusive trip to Jamaica for about $2500. We're staying at the new Secrets Resort that is being built (should be done in March). It's a couples only resort. We really wanted Hawaii, but the plans we made for that trip fell through so we had to fall back on a more less expensive trip.
    Even though i'm now married you ladies can't get rid of me. Hit me up www.facebook.com/groomzilla BOOYAH!!!
  • ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Poof - She wants to pay for most of the trip when she is there. All inclusives usually make you pay full a few weeks before you even get there.
  • bigjajapoofbigjajapoof member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hahah, guilty of not fully reading the first post. Well, what we're doing to is sort of the same, I'm just paying for it all on a credit card, and then paying it off with mostly my money but some from the wedding as well. Maybe you can try that...
    Even though i'm now married you ladies can't get rid of me. Hit me up www.facebook.com/groomzilla BOOYAH!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards