Pre-wedding Parties

Significant others invited to the Rehearsal Dinner?

Does this include boyfriends/girlfriends or just fiances and spouses?

I have a lardge wedding party so it could get ridiculous..

thank you
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Significant others invited to the Rehearsal Dinner?

• edited December 2011
    you know what-- I don't even need replies to this. I would feel dumb by not inviting a boyfriend/girlfriend just becaused they aren't engaged. I will go with my gut feeling and that is to invite all. I know it sucks to be left out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_significant-others-invited-rehearsal-dinner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:15c2368b-ddfa-4745-816f-566add0cc580Post:dd81a1ba-09f9-4e3b-a8fd-8680cdb17a4e">Re: Significant others invited to the Rehearsal Dinner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]you know what-- I don't even need replies to this. I would feel dumb by not inviting a boyfriend/girlfriend just becaused they aren't engaged. I will go with my gut feeling and that is to invite all. I know it sucks to be left out.
    Posted by heinz11msw[/QUOTE]

<div>Good plan :)</div>
  • edited December 2011
    I agree... it would suck to be left out
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I want to hug you now.

Thanks for being a good friend and not excluding people.
  • edited December 2011
    You are an awesome friend!  Go with your gut.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • tuckhmtuckhm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you are inviting a rehearsal dinner attendee's SO to the wedding, I think you should invite them to the rehearsal dinner as well.  Assuming that the rehearsal dinner will be the day before the wedding or another time that is not on the wedding day, you will be requesting that they come for at least one extra day extra in addition to your wedding day.  Inviting that SO to the wedding, but saying "hey, find something else to occupy your time for the rehearsal dinner", especially if they are coming from out of town, seems rude to me.  I think it's a good idea that you plan on including all SOs.

• genzypoogenzypoo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was worrying about this but then I saw heinz's post... Ty dear one for this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards