• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
April 2010 Weddings

In honor of friends and family gone

I have two peaple that are no longer with me that i want to honor in my wedding.  Any ideas how i can do this?

Re: In honor of friends and family gone

• We are setting up a memory table. I am going to be getting this candle from Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=33313362

And we will also have framed pictures of each person (or couple on their wedding day) with their names and how they relate to the bride/groom.
  • we are having photos of our grandparents (FI has one set, I have one) framed and matted and displayed on one of the mantles in our reception location.
  • I think we will probably mention them in our ceremony (maybe in the Prayer of the Faithful, since we're Catholic).

FI's mother is deceased, so I don't know how far he wants to take it in terms of publically remembering her (flowers on her seat, memory candles, a special song at the reception, etc.). I get the feeling that he won't want to make a big deal out of it, simply because it's somewhat private for him, but we will talk about that later.
  • We are making a brief note about them in our program and they will be mentioned in prayers of the faithful.
  • I'm doing a memory table because there are 19 people altogether who we want to honor.  It's almost impossible to get pictures of everyone (especially on Mike's side), so I'm on the fence about whether or not to have pictures of just my grandparents and Mike's parents (we can't find any photos of his grandparents), or no pictures at all.  I will have 15 doves cut out on MOH's cricut machine and put the names of each couple/person on a dove with their relationship to us, and accompany it with a votive holder and burning candle.  Then I have a 5x7 frame with "Remembering our loved ones who celebrate with us in spirit" on green cardstock.
    [IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/x200p0.jpg[/IMG]
  • We are doing the same as Laurie...mentioned in the program and prayers of the faithful. 

I've also seen where people print the deceased's picture on some vellum and wrap it around a candle and display that at the reception.
    ~Melissa~
    Shmel's Blog ? ? ? ?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • In honor of my fiance's father, we are placing a single rose on a chair for him and in honor of my great aunt and my godmother, I am carrying a piece of their dresses that they were going to wear to the wedding around my bouquet
    Lovin Kimmie
  • We are going to make mention of them in the program. We also will have two candles by the unity candle...When we take pictures before the wedding (me w/ the girls, Dennis w/the guys), we will each light one of those candles in honor of our grandparents.
    There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven. - Ecc. 3:1 Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we are honoring my fi's dad by having a space where he would have stood as his best man with the bridal party. we are honoring my childhood friend ben by having my bridesmaids carry flowers that form the colors of the rainbow, something he said was 'the most beautiful thing in god's creation'. we are further honoring my fi's dad by donating all of the money earned from the dollar dance to the american cancer society.

jenifriend
    may flower
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards