New York

Good morning!!

I just had a workout, after a couple weeks of going at night, and it feels great! Plus, I've lost two pounds since I last weighed myself! I'm just two pounds away from my ideal competition weight for pageant season that starts in February and at this rate, I'll be there by Thanksgiving :) woo hoo!! Being healthy feels so good!

Sorry, I'm on such a workout high right now and I just wanted to share my feelin-good vibes with you all :)
Photobucket

Re: Good morning!!

• edited December 2011
    Good morning!!! I'm inspired! I take my certification exams on November 17th, and I cannot WAIT to get back to working out!! I don't get home from work until 5:30 (hour drive), and have been studying from 6:30ish-10 each night and I'm just about over it- 4.5 weeks to go and I'm back in the gym! The only thing I can do right now is just watch my eating, which I'm actually pretty good at..

Thanks for the post, you definitely have me excited about working out again! And congrats on your weight loss!
    image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Jane, you can totally workout at home little by little if you can find the time/energy. Wake up just an hour earlier in the morning and do something light, like jumping jacks for a minute straight, or pretending to jumprope (flicks your wrists at your side and hop from foot to foot as rapidly as you can), and pushups and crunches require no gym whatsoever! What I like better than crunches are like, reverse crunches I guess you could call them. You lay on your back with your hands behind your head (or at your side, whatever you prefer) and you raise your legs straight up in the air (so your body is making an L shape). With your legs straight up, lift your pelvis by tilting it towards your head. The trick is to keep your feet in line with your hips, don't slant them over your body. You should only be able to do 10-15 of these straight if you're doing them right, they're HARD but effective!

Now we'll switch, you workout and I'LL try to watch what I eat a little better:x
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like a plan!! I really want to wake up early, and there really is no excuse why I can't! What I do know is that I need to keep moving, all this sitting is NOT good- car, work, back in the car, couch (with book in hand), desk.. you are right!

My biggest fear in a time like this is putting weight back on. In the summer of 2009 I finally dropped the 40lbs that had been plaguing me through my mid-20's.. I've felt great ever since, so when I'm not active I worry that it's all going to come back on overnight.

Thank you for the encouragement- I appreciate it!
    image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I need some of your motivation and energy. Waking up an hour early is not for me...I already have to wake up at 4:45am...and I work 10 hour days! BUT, I go back to 8 hour days October 31st! So then I will definitely start working out after work!
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I need to start doing weight training again!  I was on a pretty hard schedule before the wedding and then I completely stopped.  I still do some cardio, but the strength training really helped tone me up.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Sara, i freaking love weight training. Not only does it make me feel like a total beast lol but the weight training keeps your metabolism burning long after you're done working out. That, in addition to obviously toning your muscles, is why weight training is so awesome. This is also why I like working out in the morning, because i dont feel an ounce of guilt throughout the day as i munch on stuff as I know my metabolism is revved up.
    Photobucket
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_good-morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:add9d70c-b43e-42da-b031-eae5dab2c3afPost:4c5de4cb-bbff-417e-8a21-00b98b53fb44">Re: Good morning!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sara, <strong>i freaking love weight training</strong>. Not only does it make me feel like a total beast lol but the weight training keeps your metabolism burning long after you're done working out. That, in addition to obviously toning your muscles, is why weight training is so awesome. This is also why I like working out in the morning, because i dont feel an ounce of guilt throughout the day as i munch on stuff as I know my metabolism is revved up.
    Posted by lornarose07[/QUOTE]

I am the exact opposite!  I love cardio, but not the weights.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards