Georgia-Savannah
Options

Savannah Reception Venues for 250-300- Need help!

My fiance and I are looking at getting married in Savannah as a "destination" wedding since he is from Seattle, and I am from Atlanta.  We visited Savannah this weekend and both agree that it is a beautiful spot that our guests from ATL and Seattle would love to visit.

We are having a difficult time finding wedding venues that accomodate large numbers (250-300) that aren't extremely expensive.  I thought we had a decent sized budget, but I had a planner tell me that we needed $80K at least to have a wedding of that size! :( I know she has to be wrong.

Any suggestions for places that can accomodate those numbers? We loveeee the Westin Harbor ballroom/lawn but are afraid that will be so expenisve by the time you have a full bar, etc.  Also, any suggestions of places that allow you to bring your own alcohol and accomodate that many guests?

Thanks in advance!!

Re: Savannah Reception Venues for 250-300- Need help!

• Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

A wedding for 250-300 guest will be pricey, but you can do it for less than $80k.  You don't have to have giant centerpieces on every table.  You can keep your food simple and still have it be delicious. 
    The Westin is one of the most expensive venues in town.  I would look into the ballrooms at the Marriott, the Hyatt and the Hilton.  There are also ballrooms at the Civic Center.  They aren't as nice as the other three, but they are very simple and can be dressed up easily. 
    To keep your budget down, remember to keep it simple and elegant.  Those are always the weddings that stick out in my memory, any way.  It goes along with the attitude of Savannah, too.  This town has a simple, laid back elegance.  I think that is why so many people fall in love with her. 
    Have fun and good luck.  Let us know if you have any questions. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked on Tybee Island?
    http://tybeeislandwedding.com/

Also I would look into the squares, theres like 30 of them. Also there is the boat tour in Savannah, you can do the ceremony and reception.
    http://www.savannahriverboat.com/wedding_info.php

I called on the place listed below. I think its $3500 for the whole day, they set up and break down everything. I think all you have to do is bring in the food and drinks. They also have a full kitchen. The only thing is that the site says tables for up to like 120 people, maybe you could see if there was room for more?
    http://tybeeweddingchapel.com/

I hope this helps! Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much to both of you for your help! I really appreciate the great advice!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at the Plantation Club at The Landings on Skidaway Island and the ballroom seats up to 300 I believe. Its really gorgeous and they had were reasonable
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards