Iowa-Des Moines

calligrapher

are any of you ladies planning on using a calligrapher for your invitations? i've actually been looking to see if there are calligraphy classes in the area to take and i haven't found any. 

thoughts?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: calligrapher

• medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not, But you could check like DMACC or the Des Moines School District. Maybe they would have something?!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • edited December 2011
    most invite companies now use printing presses for their calligraphy. you can check with letter perfect if you want calligraphy done by professionals, but it will be done by a machine.

it's a very time intensive practice and hard to perfect, so honestly, i would pay someone to do it or find a font you like and download it and print from your home computer.
  • edited December 2011
    You could also hire someone through Etsy.com
    ?imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • kdyer09kdyer09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would ask around.  You never know who may have taken a class!  I'm lucky, as my mom was trained as a calligrapher and is doing all of our stuff.
  • edited December 2011
    The person who made my invitations printed it right on the envelopes.  I was a little scared at first because I originally wanted to find a calligrapher as well, but it looks great and you can't tell it was printed.  I would go with that technique.  Easier and cheaper!
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards