Wedding Etiquette Forum

Have we talked about the cans?

Apologies if this has already been brought to the board (couldn't find anything in this clusterfuck ordering system). A couple is urging people to recycle aluminum cans and send the money to fund their wedding.

I'm torn, because I want to hate on them for having others pay for their wedding, but they are promoting recycling. BUT they are having others pay for their wedding!

Thoughts?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34844977/ns/us_news-wonderful_world/?GT1=43001

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko

Re: Have we talked about the cans?

• I saw them on Offbeat bride a few weeks ago.

Meh, for me, it's like the people who put ads on Craigslist and eBay or make websites. If they're ballsy enought to do it, and other people are generous or stupid enough to go along with it, it's not hurting me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I still think they blow.
  • Oh, on a second (and more proper) readthrough, I see that they are getting the cans donated from parties unrelated to the wedding. Not that such an honor should be reserved for guests only, but wow...

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • It's like the dollar wedding thing last year. Donate a dollar to a random couple's wedding.I bet they were able to have a platinum wedding too from that.

But I really probably couldn't live with myself if I did that.
  • Jess, I thought the same thing about this couple. It's like those panhandlers that make $60,000 a year getting coins at a time. I would feel really guilty too.

• I didn't read the article. I think if they were really being eco-friendly they would ask that they recycle and then give that money to an environmental non-profit.
    It is a unique way of asking for a handout, but it is still tacky.

• Ricks and jasmineh, I agree that it's still tacky. They are just trying to make their asking for handouts look less so by attaching a good cause to it.

• Hmm people on craigs list getting people to give them a dollar and making money...

"Donate to the katiewhompus kitchen fund..." nah..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards