Getting in Shape
Options

WW

Hi all, I just wanted to share that I completed my first week on weight watchers!  I haven't lost this week, which the leader said is still an accomplishment because it was a holiday weekend.  Despite that I wanted to share with you guys how great it's been so far!  I get 26 points per day, plus 49 extra to use however I'd like throughout the week.  Also, when I work out I get extra points!! (30 minutes with my trainer gives me 5 extra points!)

I haven't really felt deprived because you can eat whatever you want, as long as you stay within your points for the day/week.  It's become more of a game for me to find satisfying meals that "cost me" less points.  It's great knowing that if I'm DYING for a bagel with cream cheese I can choose to use my points on it -- it's much less of a depriving feeling than being on a diet like Jenny Craig where you can't deviate from their prepared foods.  You can look at your points as a bank account and decide how much you feel like spending on food. 

This diet has also encouraged me to start cooking, which I have never done before.  I've found some great and easy recipes that FI and I have really been enjoying!  So I'm learning to cook and eating better! 

It's only been a week but I feel optimistic about it!!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: WW

• Options
    Congrats but is ww worth the money?

• Options

Congrats! I've lost 15 lbs on WW and that is within two months overall I've lost 20 (5 on my own) I am shooting for another 2lbs to lose to be in a healthy BMI range. WW has defintly given me the kick in the butt to be serious about diet change, I've always liked working out and work out daily before WW but it wasn't enough. Keep going you will see results and yes make it a fun challenge! I did it with two friends we each signed up at different times but chose the three month special, I am in my last month. We each lost weight and have so far been doing well about maintining.

It's amazing how well you will feel, even though I wouldn't say I was super huge before, my weight was wearing down on me, I'm only 5 ft. so that extra stuff does add up! My biggest worry now is getting all my clothes altered to fit my frame!

Good luck! Laughing

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_ww-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:9b1af29c-317d-4ef4-9343-e59cce15f55cPost:835b5ec7-a1c9-45c2-8e61-990dee9df053">Re: WW</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats but is ww worth the money?
    Posted by iloveu4ever[/QUOTE]
    It depends on what you're looking for.  Personally, if I exercise regularly and track what I eat, I'm set.  I basically felt like WW was just a fancy tracking program.  I didn't go to meetings or participate in any of the community boards on the website.  So for me, I decided that it wasn't worth it and am using a free site instead.  Others swear by it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Options
    Chelsy congrats on your weight loss!!  I'm hoping to lose between 20 - 30 lbs so I'll most likely stay on the programs after my 3 month is over.  I hope to have similar success as you!

I signed up for the 3 month special, online only.  My mom also joined and is going to the meetings.  I just knew I wouldn't have the time (or make the time) to go to them so this is working for me.  She always gives me a call after the meetings to fill me in on what she learned, such as how it was an accomplishment not to gain weight on a holiday weekend!  It works for me this way.

I've tried using the free tracking programs like Fitness Pal, but I feel like this is a more structured program and I feel more commited to it.  If you are someone you can motivate yourself it might be worth it to try a free program like that, but I really needed something that held me accountable.  The online program does have plenty of online tools, including a community like this one, and once I emailed a question and heard back pretty fast which was nice.

Also again, I like the idea of tracking things by their points instead of caloric intake for the day, because it makes it more of a game for me as I view the points as my bank account.  It just works for me but of course you need to figure out what works for you! :)

Good luck everyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jjswinjjswin member
    First Comment
    WW always worked for me too. I am back on the program and down 7lbs, hoping for another 23lbs before the big day. I view it as a bank account as well and like adding to my bank by working out.
  • Options
    I've been "doing" WW for the past year or so.  Sometimes I go off the program and sometimes I am back on.  I haven't been going to meetings for the past 6 months and I think it has really impacted me in a negative way. Although I continue to track online.  I would like to lose 10 lbs by my big day (5 months away!)  I am thinking if I start attending meetings I might stay on track a little more.
  • Options
    Thanks Benny!

I had also previously used the free calorie counter apps/sites and I felt like that didn't really make me switch my eating habits it made me more aware but WW has defintly given me the structure I needed. Now I feel like I will be able to continue this program after I've completed the 3 months. Also when you pay for something vs using something that is free it really does make you try harder because otherwise it is money down the drain!

I would suggest WW to people who need that extra motivator. I don't go to meetings but use the online and phone app tools. It was so worth my $60!
  • Options
    I lost almost 40 pounds with the "old" weight watchers a few years ago.  Some medications I went on caused me to gain it back, so I decided to do WW again.  I HATE the new points plus system!!! I just never saw the results I did with the first time.  I decided to give it another try without the support by doing it at home with my stuff from last time.  I actually found an app that isn't affilated with WW, but gives you the option to use the old point system or new point system.  This week was my first one using the old system with the app and I've lost 4 pounds :)  Best $1.50 I ever spent in the droid market!
  • Options
    jjswinjjswin member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_ww-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:9b1af29c-317d-4ef4-9343-e59cce15f55cPost:9a759366-68e5-48c8-aba6-bdcfb3e6ecba">Re: WW</a>:
    [QUOTE]I lost almost 40 pounds with the "old" weight watchers a few years ago.  Some medications I went on caused me to gain it back, so I decided to do WW again.  I HATE the new points plus system!!! I just never saw the results I did with the first time.  I decided to give it another try without the support by doing it at home with my stuff from last time.  I actually found an app that isn't affilated with WW, but gives you the option to use the old point system or new point system.  This week was my first one using the old system with the app and I've lost 4 pounds :)  Best $1.50 I ever spent in the droid market!
    Posted by shine882007[/QUOTE]
    I also feel like the old point system worked so much better for me, but I just thought it was me being depressed about my slow weight loss this time. Someone also pointed out to me I am closer to 30 so it may be my body slowing down and that's why I am not having as much luck. On the old system I lost 20lbs in 4 months, now I have been on the new system a month and lost only 7lbs. What is the name of the app that you use with the old system on it?
  • Options
    It is called WW Points Plus Diary & Scanner.  When you set it up, it gives you the option to do the old or new points system. 

I know it is also available for an iPhone, because my friend just bought it after I told her how great it was. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards