Illinois-Chicago

Thanksgiving Plans?

Whatcha all up to for Thanksgiving?  Any fun traditions?  Staying here in Chicagoland or getting out of the city?

Re: Thanksgiving Plans?

• divadancer11divadancer11 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Going to the FI aunt and uncle house...starting to take out all of the xmas stuff and put the tree up on Fri....FI dad &GF come over for dinner....Sat have an engagement party and sun we decorate the tree while watchning foot ball then I have Mon all to myself :)

And U?
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We're going back to our hometown. My family has the tradition of running a Turkey Trot race regardless if we're in Chicago or hometown; so we'll run Turkey Trot Thurs am, which is a good thing because H and I have two meals!  His family at 1pm and mine at 6pm. Eeek.

Otherwise I'm looking forward to hanging out with some old friends
  • jsquared62009jsquared62009 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

Two dinners, one turkeyween (tradition w/my friends), and black friday shopping at water tower place...a family tradition!

Vacation
  • ARJ6511ARJ6511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We go to my in-laws for Thanksgiving which is always a blast! Everyone has so much fun :) Then Black Friday shopping with my best friend. This is our tenth year! 
    BabyFruit Ticker www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I eat twice on turkey day too :) My H is traveling this year and can't make it home :( I'm going to stop by the IL's and then to my parent's house in the suburbs for dinner. I'll be Black Friday shopping w/my mom too!
  • MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    getting the heck out of dodge! hahaha
    Hubs mom and bro are coming with us to my family's shindig in Indiana. First time his family is coming to my family (he has 3 counting him, I have 11 counting me).

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
  • TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also doing two Thanksgivings on Thursday--my family first, followed by FI's family.  Then spending the rest of the weekend doing wedding things--it's crunch time!  I love our December wedding, but I was just telling FI that we should have gone with our alternate date (11/12), so that wedding madness could have been over by now!  Happy Thanksgiving, all!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards