New York-Hudson Valley

David's Bridal alterations?

Hi Ladies - I'm new to the board, but not to TK.  Hopefully you will be able to help me out with this:

For those of you who have had David's Bridal alter your bridal gown (or know of someone who had it done there), what was your experience like?  Did they do a good job?  Did they completely screw it up?

I have my first appointment with them next week (the Yonkers store) and I'm planning on changing the back of the gown from zipper to corset, along with a hem and some kind of bustle.  Based on your experiences, should I trust them to make these alterations or should I go with someone else?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I married my soulmate on 10-3-10 :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: David's Bridal alterations?

• kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I've heard they're really expensive. I would take it elsewhere if you can.
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    They have been changing the backs from zippers to corsets for the past year. So they should know what they are doing. And they only work on DB dresses, so they are familiar  with your dress. But, they can get to be expensive, depending on how much work you need done.
  • edited December 2011
    I had my Alterations done at the Middletown store and they did a great job,however they were very expensive,i almost paid what i paid for my dress to have them done.
  • AmyE911AmyE911 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had it done at the DB in Yonkers. It ended up fine, but when I got there to pick up the dress, they didn't cut the sleaves on the bolero which I had paid for. She said she totally forgot, and told me to wait 30 minutes. So it ended up fine, but it was expensive!
  • edited December 2011

I dunno if they're more expensive than anyone else, I didn't check.  I had the beaded bodice of my dress taken in and the two layered skirt taken up and bustled.  Plus they shortened the cap sleeves on my dress so they stopped falling down.  Cost $225 and it was all done well. 

• edited December 2011

Hello,
     I suggest you stay with David's Bridal Alterations because if you go to someone outside and they do a bad job you will not be able to exchange your dress. At least if something happens you will be able to get another dress on their dime. I used to work there and I will suggest to let your concerns known to the alterations manager so she could make sure your alterations will turn out they way you want it.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_davids-bridal-alterations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:2b9643cb-15b5-4209-87a3-e279221626e8Post:a619b359-99a1-43fa-af66-40e73bed4afa">Re: David's Bridal alterations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello,  I suggest you stay with David's Bridal Alterations because if you go to someone outside and they do a bad job you will not be able to exchange your dress. At least if something happens you will be able to get another dress on their dime. I used to work there and I will suggest to let your concerns known to the alterations manager so she could make sure your alterations will turn out they way you want it.
    Posted by ktculter[/QUOTE]

Exactly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards