Moms and Maids

Help! Wedding in NYC - Bridesmaid lives in England & NYC

Hi all,
I live in NYC and I'm having my wedding in NYC, but I have a bridesmaid that live in England.  What can I do? I've tried looking into Bloomingdales and Nordstrom, but they won't ship to the UK. Which designer has a website wherer she can view the dress and order it? Please help, I'm desperate!

Re: Help! Wedding in NYC - Bridesmaid lives in England & NYC

• aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have it shipped to you, then ship it to her?
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Try Priscilla of Boston
  • AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agreed.  Get her measurements and order the dress that is her size then ship it to her England.

Both weddings I've been in have done it this way and none of us were in another country.  It worked perfectly.
  • lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might also consider just picking a colour and letting your girls pick any dress they want in that colour.  That way you'll avoid shipping charges and all of your BMs can pick dresses they like.  I've seen it done really beautifully.  (There are examples in my bio under FAQ if you're interested.)
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards