Attire & Accessories Forum

Two Garter Belts???

Am curious what the rule is on garter belts? I have two that I want to wear..one that is the color of our wedding and the other is the blue, and new part of my wedding...

What do you think?

Re: Two Garter Belts???

• I'm going to assume you mean garters and not garter belts, but yes, people frequently wear two. One to keep as a memento and one for the garter toss at the reception. And even if you choose not to do a garter toss, I don't see any reason you couldn't wear two.
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • yea I mean garters..lol. the lingo of all this is beyond me lol
  • Totally understandable. Planning a wedding is like learning another language, LOL.
  • Yea what does FI mean? 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_two-garter-belts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:a6c5e0d7-5385-4f6c-80d8-7b22643b6531Post:48baafc3-c23d-4b72-99f9-0182e84118f5">Re: Two Garter Belts???</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yea what does FI mean? 
    Posted by bluesmiley78[/QUOTE]

It's an abbreviation for fiance.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_two-garter-belts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:a6c5e0d7-5385-4f6c-80d8-7b22643b6531Post:287ad67d-40e9-4cda-849e-1a94ebbb12df">Re: Two Garter Belts???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I remember garter belts!   LOL!
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

Then you probably know how awkward it would be to wear two of them, LOL.
  • THANK YOU!!! I have been racking my brain trying to figure that one out..lol. 
  • Two Garters I am looking at!!!

• Those are both very nice! Etsy?

Yeah, see the top one there is a set of two...the orange one on top would be the one you keep, and the smaller white one would be the one you toss.
  • Thanks Bluesmiley! I never even thought to use our favorite sports team but I found the cutest garter set for the Cardinals on etsy! I'm super excited to surprise him with them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• I am also wearing two garters and we haven't decided if we are doing the toss or not. One matches my dress very formal and the other is my FI favorite baseball team the Mets...it was given to him by his best friend at his wedding to have my FI's future FI (me) wear it one day. Thought it was a cute jesture by men and will be wearing it for him!!
  • I honestly dont know if we need to keep them both..pretty sure the U of A one would be the one to keep. But I do love my orange..lol. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards