Washington-Seattle

Wedding Insurance

news: My little sister is engaged! (I say little, she's 27).

A question from her: did anyone look into wedding insurance? Did it seem like a good idea or just a big ripoff?

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!

Re: Wedding Insurance

• edited December 2011
    We're getting it for two reasons:
    1) We're planning 2 years out and plan to live out side of US for the better part of next year. So in case one of us runs off with a hot, French waiter, or dies chocking on Belguim chocolate, we'll have the costs covered.
    2) We'll end up sinking more than 10K on deposits for everything, that's an amount I'll defenately miss from my checking and would like it back if the big day gets messed up.
  • jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

yes, we looked into it, but felt it wasn't worth it... we didn't foresee ourselves calling off the wedding, or any hurricanes to come through. other than those reasons, i don't see a point in getting it..but i'm sure there are logical reasons TO get it...i just didn't know of any.

♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • edited December 2011
    We looked into it and did go with some since we had to have (and I personally wanted) liability insurance per our contract with the venue.  For some reason (I honestly cannot recall right now) we couldn't get a rider for alcohol liability added for our event, and the additional cost for sh!t going wrong ($100) was worth the piece of mind vs. just getting liability insurance.  We bought from WedSafe which has Markel (a pretty big and finacially stable insurance company, per my agent) as the underwriting company plus the reviews I found on them were good.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards