Military Brides

Bin Laden has been killed!!!!

I am not a devious person but just this once  I will say Thank God!!!

Re: Bin Laden has been killed!!!!

• verymegvverymegv member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    finally, justice has been brought down.

god bless our military

• edited December 2011
    Like someone had said hope there isn't major retribution after this. I am so wanting to do the happy dance outside and scream this good news! : ) :) Would be nice to bring him to the U.S.A. so all the 9/11 families and miltary families that have lost loved ones over him  can pay thier <uh hum clearing my thoat with a smirk and a wink> "respects" to him! If you get my drift.
  • KatyRoseMKatyRoseM member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    God bless America and our troops
  • edited December 2011
    Praying for no retaliation
    She's always wanted to be a princess and he's always wanted to be a hero; as fate would now have it, she is his princess and he is her hero *Semper Fi* Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Not long after the president's speech ended, a parade started outside of the suites at the college I attend. My friends and I jumped in, and a crowd that eventually grew to 200 (and it's a small school!) ran through every residence hall on campus waving the flag and singing the national anthem. Someone even started shooting off fireworks! But my favorite part was when we stopped in the cemetery and someone called for a moment of silence for our troops - and every single person in that huge crowd fell silent and bowed their heads without missing a beat. I had chills all over. I hadn't seen anything like it since people used to wave flags from the overpasses in California after 9/11. I wish we could all be this patriotic and this united every day!

Edited: Although, I will admit it felt strange to celebrate a death... and honestly I spent most of the march thinking about the aspects of America I love, not necessarily about the death of Bin Laden. That was just what got everyone started, I guess.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think that this big show of celebration is a good thing. Yes, He's done horrible things and while I'm glad that he was finally found, I think that people openly celebrating is not good. I feel like it is just rubbing salt in the wounds of his Al Quieda members who now consider him a martyr. Our SM's are in more jepordy now because of this. Do more innocent American's have to die because we had the audacity to "celebrate" someone's death? I believe strongly that he should have been punished for his crimes, but will all this talk of "justice being served" does no one else feel like this is not real justice?

I hope will all my heart that nothing happens, not only to our troops, but on American soil as well. I know that things will get worse, before they get better and this is what scares me.

Sorry to be a negative Nancy, but I just have a bad feeling about all this...
    Photobucket
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do think it makes us look a bit hypocritcal.  I certainly turned to FI and said, "Oh, thank goodness!  I'm so glad they found him finally!"  But openly celebrating, more than we do for any holiday?  Not so good.

When Sept 11th happened, the news went on and on about how certain towns in the Middle East were openly celebrating our pain.  It was talked about how inhumane that was to celebrate someone else's death so jubilantly.  I can't help but feel we did the same thing last night.

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    I do absolutely agree with both of you. Like I said, I wish we didn't need death (whether the death of our own fellow Americans in 9/11 or the death of any enemy) to make us act like this, but at the time it was nice to be able to feel a sense of unity. Now that it's morning, I hope everyone slows down and really thinks about what this means.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_bin-laden-killed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:f0fd6cbe-c8f9-441a-9e4b-e82adaf6e64ePost:bb3019ae-a184-4bf8-8ec1-5d75c1d0b956">Re: Bin Laden has been killed!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think that this big show of celebration is a good thing. Yes, He's done horrible things and while I'm glad that he was finally found, I think that people openly celebrating is not good. I feel like it is just rubbing salt in the wounds of his Al Quieda members who now consider him a martyr. Our SM's are in more jepordy now because of this. Do more innocent American's have to die because we had the audacity to "celebrate" someone's death? I believe strongly that he should have been punished for his crimes, but will all this talk of "justice being served" does no one else feel like this is not real justice? I hope will all my heart that nothing happens, not only to our troops, but on American soil as well. I know that things will get worse, before they get better and this is what scares me. Sorry to be a negative Nancy, but I just have a bad feeling about all this...
    Posted by SamiJoeB[/QUOTE]

Co-Signed by Shan :)
  • edited December 2011
    Just now on the news they said "Up next, why some people think that Bin Laden's death could make Al Quieda even more dangerous" I'm glad they finally got my messagesWink

But seriously. I think that people directly involved with the military and the government truly understand how serious, and how potentially dangerous this really is for our country, and especially our military.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's reasonable to be glad that Bin Laden is dead. He was a leader of forces who want to kill Americans, and our military has spent many years and many lives fighting against Al Qaeda. Finding/killing Bin Laden has been a goal since the beginning of the war. I don't know whether his death is "justice" but I'd certainly call it justified!

I hope there aren't serious retaliations from Al Qaeda for his death, but what is the point of being at war at all if we don't consider killing a major leader of the enemy to be worth it?

It's the logical side that makes people consider that celebrating a death is not neccesarily a moral or even practical thing to do in this situation, but I'd say the emotional side for many is saying "victory over along sought after goal! Yay!"
    White Knot Visit The Knot! Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I just personally find it distasteful to rejoice in someone's death. Anyone's death.
    Photobucket
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_bin-laden-killed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:f0fd6cbe-c8f9-441a-9e4b-e82adaf6e64ePost:d1f1efec-d29e-481b-9738-8c59a166669b">Re: Bin Laden has been killed!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just personally find it distasteful to rejoice in someone's death. Anyone's death.
    Posted by SamiJoeB[/QUOTE]

<div>Agreed. Many of MB posters are likely too young to remember Mogadishu. I do. I remember seeing video of crowds cheering as American service members were dragged through the streets. Seeing college kids who were children when 9/11 happened celebrating like it was V-Day is just strange to me. It wasn't V-Day. Nothing is over That celebration is not what I want the Muslim world to see. <span style="font-family:'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif;color:#000000;" class="Apple-style-span">I am so proud to be part of a country that respects the rites of a religion if possible, no matter who they are. THAT is the ultimate revenge. To not let Osama bin Laden fundamentally change who we are. We are NOT at war with Islam, and I am proud that we are not. That is something to celebrate, that we have not been fundamentally altered.</span></div><div>
    </div><div><span style="color:#5f423c;font-family:Arial, Helvetica;font-size:12px;line-height:15px;" class="Apple-style-span">This is my c&p from MN: I am glad that his tactical and strategic mind has been neutralized. I am not, however, celebrating. There are men and women still deployed. This death is NOT THE END of any war. I am never of the belief that death of a perpetrator makes death of victims/ service members any better. I'm celebrating that "no Americans were harmed and they took care to avoid civilian casualties". I am grateful for the courage of the service members who participated in the raid, and I am grateful for the service members who man their posts all over the world tonight. Their safety and welfare will be in my thoughts and prayers.</span></div>
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Victoria2013Victoria2013 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_bin-laden-killed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:f0fd6cbe-c8f9-441a-9e4b-e82adaf6e64ePost:d1f1efec-d29e-481b-9738-8c59a166669b">Re: Bin Laden has been killed!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just personally find it distasteful to rejoice in someone's death. Anyone's death.
    Posted by SamiJoeB[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Nobody is asking you to celebrate.  I'm AD and at work we were excited and proud.  Everybody expresses themselves differently and if this is how they do it then so be it.  

</div>
  • edited December 2011
    I never said that I didn't breathe a sigh of relief to hear this news. But running out into the streets celebrating? Celebrating what? that 1 man is dead? Yes, he was a terrible person, but it's not like he was the last bad person in the world. Like Stan said, alot of the people celebrating where children when 9/11 happend. I saw on FB that some people didn't even know who he was, but they were still celebrating his death.

I am celebrating that this misson was carried out succesfully and that no American SM's were killed. That is the only thing that I think really should be celebrated.
    Photobucket
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_bin-laden-killed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:f0fd6cbe-c8f9-441a-9e4b-e82adaf6e64ePost:98d102ed-273a-4d22-a98f-e44321756da0">Re: Bin Laden has been killed!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]. I am celebrating that this misson was carried out succesfully and that no American SM's were killed. That is the only thing that I think really should be celebrated.
    Posted by SamiJoeB[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Amen</div><div>
    </div><div>The mood at this base (MCBCP) seems serious and non-celebratory. Everyone seems to feel that this was symbolic and there's far too much work to be done to celebrate. If it helps your morale to be glad, good to go, but I think the celebrations that were beamed to every corner of the world were thoughtless. Is that really what we want to give the enemy as recruitment fodder? I sure don't.

</div>
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Stan. I always agree with you. All those celebrations in the streets and online were tacky and you know that the enemy has seen them all, God forbid they are using that as fuel to the fire. DH says the same thing about his base. I called and told him the news he told his SSgt, an annoucement was made and they breathed a sigh of relief, I believe he said thier were a few fist pumps, but then it was business as usual.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards