Washington-Seattle

N(really)WR: Holiday Blues/ Rant

I'm wondering if anyone else is feeling the same way as I am this holiday season (Halloween, Christmas, etc).

I just don't want to participate.  I don't want to put in the energy (or money) into thinking up a costume for Halloween this year.  I would rather have two Thanksgivings and skip Christmas, I don't want my family (or FI's family) to buy me anything, and I don't really want to go Christmas shopping... period.  I want to skip my birthday too, it will be about 3 months before the wedding.

The only things I'm looking forward to (besides the wedding) are all of UW's football home games, FI's B-day this Fall, and our puppy's 1 year B-Day in November.  Smile

This is probably related to WR and IRL stress.  Sorry for the whine/rant, but I've been feeling so blah/icky whenever other people have mentioned the holidays lately.

P.S.:  Extra points for whoever can think up a costume idea for me Wink I will be at the Husky game on October 30th (a Saturday), so something in purple and gold would be ideal.
OMH est. May 7, 2011
Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!

Re: N(really)WR: Holiday Blues/ Rant

• edited December 2011
    I hear ya!
    Same here! I want nothing to do with it! But I'm done with holiday shopping by August.
    Still, I don't event want to see the decorations!

You can be a bee hive and your puppy can be a bee? Or you should dress as a straberry or a wine bottle, something festive!
    I have a few inappropriate couples costumes...
  • mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the Halloween ideas!

I'll be tailgating (the day before Halloween, since Halloween is on a Sunday this year), so I'll be dressing up then, if I dress up at all.  My little furbaby won't be with me for the tailgating, and FI is dressing up as a "Were-Monkey" (he was bit by a monkey, and we spent Halloween last year at Harborview)... so I'm not sure how we could coordinate couples costumes.  The only thing I can think up myself is to wear a shiny vinyl gold shirt and purple top from American Apparel, and be a "Husky Ho," and then drink a whole bunch to forget about the cold and the upcoming Holiday season Wink
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I was totally like this last year. My motto for xmas last year was "how simple can I make this". I think I did all my shopping on Amazon on black Friday and just put it away after that.

For halloween, when in doubt, Zombie [whatever] always works for halloween. You can be zombie huskie fans, huskie players, huskie dogs ... easy like pie :).

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • edited December 2011
    hmm, so i totally already bought my costume on line and im super excited about holidays becuase they are a distraction from the wedding planning, which im so kinda over but now that we are a month out things are actually happening and its starting to get more exciting. who knows how i will feel after the wedding.. though i hear a lot of brides get sad that all the excitement is over... not too excited about the horrible winter we are supposed to have though.
  • edited December 2011
    You should dress up as a Wazzu fan because they're better than the Huskies. Okay, maybe not this season, but in general. And in my opinion. LOL :o)
    Anniversary
  • Koolkay83Koolkay83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Niq be a zombie!

I am not sure if this helps...you can always get a gift card or gift certificate their fave restaurant or store or spa treat as a xmas present.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think Zombie wins for Halloween this year! 

And with X-mas presents.... ugh, my family will be easy (local and not picky AT ALL), but FI's entire family (FMIL & FFIL in the South, FSIL in NYC, and our 32 yr old FNIL and her daughter in CA) is all spread out, and I don't know what to send them since we'll be in WA this year for X-mas.  I think Niq is right, and I will KISS (keep it simple stupid) and shop online right after Thanksgiving and be DONE with it! Smile

Thanks for all your advice!!!!!  Except for fancynewbecca...BOOOO Cougs!Wink
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I love Niq's zombie idea! You could be a zombie football player instead of a fan if you want to stand out a bit more.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards