Christian Weddings

Table names

Our wedding will take place in less than 15days.
I would like to name the tables, instead of just numbering them.
I also would like the names be somehow connected to christianity. Even bible passages, maybe.
 Any suggestions? Or should I stay with the typical 1,2,3 ...etc..

Re: Table names

• edited December 2011
    Love is patient

Love is KInd

Love Conquers all

Just a thought...  How many tables do you have? I'll keep brainstorming!
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge - February - Venue

Photobucket
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • WFHWFH
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have 7tables + 1table - the bride&groom and their parents
  • kkidd28kkidd28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This won't work for my wedding cause we have too many tables, but my mom & sister came up with a cute idea to name the tables things like Love, Hope, Faith, Gentleness, Kindness, etc - from Galations 5:22 they are the fruit of the Spirit!  HTH
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • SeleenaJulietSeleenaJuliet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm no where near the stage you're at and I had never thought about naming the tables before but that's a pretty cool!  Since you want a Christian theme, how about the 7 Heavenly virtues which are opposite the 7 deadly sins Chastity, Temperance, Charity, Diligence, Patience, Kindness, and Humility.  I LOVE your suggestion kkidd!

Now that I've stolen your idea, it would be cool to have tables that represent important places in my/our lives, like Jalisco (in Mexico); Washington DC (places we were born), Plainfield, NJ; Pomona, CA (where we grew up), Chino (where we met) etc

Thanks for the suggestion!!
  • WFHWFH
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow:)
    Thank you for the idea of heavenly virtues.
    I wil have to translate them in Estonian, but I hope they will sound as good as in English:)
  • edited December 2011
    I like the idea of naming tables rather than just numbering them b/c when FI and I go to weddings these days we're always stuck at table 18 or higher and it makes you feel less special if you are at table 19 as opposed to table 5.
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're naming ours after places that are sentimental to us.
  • edited December 2011
    We'll be doing something somewhat similar to what you're doing. We're going to use Nigerian (me) & Italian (FI) words of blessings for each table and pictures from Africa and Itally.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards