Ohio-Cleveland

Shima Limousine-Vendor Review (bad!)

Hi Cleveland Brides. Just wanted to write up a review on Shima Limo for you. My one and only bad vendor. They always say if you have a bad experience you will tell 10 people who tell 10 people and it goes on and on... So I'm hoping to spread the word to stay away from them!!!

My new husband and I, very sadly, used Shima Limousine as our transportation vendor for the Big Day. They were recommended to us by a close family member based on price. Well, we most certainly got what we paid for. The price we received was subsequently thrown in our face and was used to justify the extremely poor service we received. Think: “you got such a good price-what are you people even complaining to us about?!” It’s been a month since our Wedding, so I am able to write this from a level-headed, objective, cooled-off stance. (This company definitely made my blood boil for days and weeks after the occurrence.) In the past month, this company has done absolutely nothing in terms of customer service to rectify the situation. It has taken countless follow-up phone calls and we are still nowhere.

The facts are, we were under contract from 3-6. Limo did not show up until 4:30. It happened to me and it could happen to you.

We missed out on pictures, had a local winery anticipating a large group that never showed, paid our photographer (and as you know, photographer’s are NOT cheap) for her time that was literally spent sitting around. Shima ended up costing us three times more than what we paid them in a domino effect of events they caused.  The worst part of it all is not the Wedding photos I will never have, not the in-between-ceremony-and-reception-fun I didn’t get to have with my Bridal Party, not the large sum of money we ended up wasting because of them, not the fact that I was a sitting-pissed off-and-in-tears duck for 1.5 hours on my Wedding day, but the utter lack of sympathy, apology, customer service, and any resemblance of an effort to not let their customer walk away as ANYTHING but happy and satisfied. Shame on Shima, the alleged “family-owned company.” What an awful taste left in my mouth.

Not a recommended vendor. Highly negative experience. I’m very sad to think this could happen to another bride or anyone who would obviously use them for a special day. Despicable and we are seeking legal advice for services paid and services not received. Just what every newlywed wants to be dealing with post-Wedding on account of a bad vendor, right? Good Luck!

Re: Shima Limousine-Vendor Review (bad!)

• Thanks for sharing your experience here. Not trying to sound unsympathetic, but why didn't you decide to try a different plan for the 1.5 hours? Couldn't your photographer have taken some of the photos around the location where you were waiting for your limo? Did the photographer even suggest this? I'm sorry that your limo was late, but the plans could have been modified to capture photos while you were waiting. Any experienced photographer would have adapted and created a different plan for photographs because late limos are pretty frequent on wedding days!
  • No harm... we spent about 2-3 hours at the ceremony location taking pictures. We were done there. My wedding theme was Vintage Vineyard and I had my heart set on pics at a local winery (wine cellar room, outside in the grapevines, etc). Yea, that never happened. I was crushed! Also, we had arranged it so that none of us had cars at the ceremony site. So we were literally stranded (everyone had left already) and couldnt all fit in photographers car to go anywhere. It was pretty bad.

• I am sorry you had to go through this.  I am also doing a vintage vineyard theme.  What winery were you going to for pictures?  I never even thought of that idea. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_shima-limousine-vendor-review-bad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:110Discussion:76094c1b-2c60-455c-b22c-54ebe1a85432Post:389b0fca-70ff-4116-a9b5-b604ed836d32">Re: Shima Limousine-Vendor Review (bad!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am sorry you had to go through this.  I am also doing a vintage vineyard theme.  What winery were you going to for pictures?  I never even thought of that idea. 
    Posted by chicagobride527[/QUOTE]

Its in Geneva OH, my favorite winery called Laurellos.
  • Well  I am bummed because that is who I am booked with already :( I used them because they are The Cleveland Clinics "offical transportation company" So because I am employed there I got a discounted rate. I am going to be sure to call them and discuss the issues you had becuase I AM NOT dealing with bs like that. They were regret that day lol. I am so sorry you had that awful expierence. But thank you for sharing because now I am going in armed and ready !! I am sure your day was beautiful otherwise !
    Future Mrs.Ford Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just an idea saramarieosu...
    If you're really bummed, have you considered getting dressed up again with your hubs and shooting out to the winery for a session with your photographer? Just thinking that it could be a possibility?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_shima-limousine-vendor-review-bad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:110Discussion:76094c1b-2c60-455c-b22c-54ebe1a85432Post:03a54d41-521b-4836-9d69-4d861d3a819a">Re: Shima Limousine-Vendor Review (bad!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well  I am bummed because that is who I am booked with already :( I used them because they are The Cleveland Clinics "offical transportation company" So because I am employed there I got a discounted rate. I am going to be sure to call them and discuss the issues you had becuase I AM NOT dealing with bs like that. They were regret that day lol. I am so sorry you had that awful expierence. But thank you for sharing because now I am going in armed and ready !! I am sure your day was beautiful otherwise !
    Posted by The Fords[/QUOTE]

Haha! Funny. I actually work at the Clinic too and my colleagues were SEVERELY disappointed to hear my story. Made them hesitate to want to use them going forward! Good luck with them. Just hope everything goes as planned. And I would suggest pay them by credit card so you can refute charges if anything happens (we paid by check grrr) and pay THE DAY OF. Not pre-pay them. We've seriously heard 'check is in the mail' for 7 weeks. What a joke. I dont know how those people sleep at night. Must have no pride and no shame.

SO GLAD I can help at least one bride out. All the best to you!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_shima-limousine-vendor-review-bad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:110Discussion:76094c1b-2c60-455c-b22c-54ebe1a85432Post:03a54d41-521b-4836-9d69-4d861d3a819a">Re: Shima Limousine-Vendor Review (bad!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well  I am bummed because that is who I am booked with already :( I used them because they are The Cleveland Clinics "offical transportation company" So because I am employed there I got a discounted rate. I am going to be sure to call them and discuss the issues you had becuase I AM NOT dealing with bs like that. They were regret that day lol. I am so sorry you had that awful expierence. But thank you for sharing because now I am going in armed and ready !! I am sure your day was beautiful otherwise !
    Posted by The Fords[/QUOTE]

One more thing...our limo did not have any ice (presumably because they completely screwed up the day) and the radio 'worked' but no stations came in. So we listed to static the whole ride... and, of course. Its your wedding day you want to play loud music and have fun. Just the little things. A limo with no radio. They SUCK!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards