Not Engaged Yet
Options

Egg Bake Suggestions?

I bought a dozen eggs because they were super cheap at the grocery store this week. Well now I have to use them. I want to make an egg bake for breakfast on Sunday morning. Anyone have one that they love? It can have meat, spice, etc. No restrictions here.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Egg Bake Suggestions?

• Options
    rickylee244rickylee244 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since Oceana is not here - this is one of my favorites of her's

Sausage & Cheese Strata

Ingredients:

6 large eggs
    2 cups nonfat milk
    1 tsp ground mustard
    1/2 tsp fresh ground sea salt
    1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
    6 slices whole wheat bread, cubed
    1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
    1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
    1 lb ground sausage (recommend Bob Evans, Jimmy Deans is good substitute)
    Cooking spray

Directions:

1. Fry sausage in pan until browned, breaking up large chunks as much as possible. Remove from heat and drain well.
    2. Beat eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper on medium speed with electric blender until mixture is smooth.
    3. Add bread, cheeses, and sausage to egg mixture and stir until solids are coated in egg mixture and cheese is well mixed in.
    4. Spray bottom and sides of 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Pour mixture into dish and cover with plastic wrap. Refridgerate overnight.
    5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until knife inserted in middle of dish comes out clean. Allow to cool for five minutes before serving.

Bakers Note: For added flavor and jazz, add minced onion and peppers to mixture prior to baking.

Photobucket Visit The Nest! Photobucket
  • Options
    loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards