California-Los Angeles

Suggestions for bridal salons and dresses unders 2,500.00

Hello Knotties, can you please help me? Im looking for a fun experience with trying on dresses and reasonably priced wedding gowns in southern California. Any Suggestions?
Anniversary

Re: Suggestions for bridal salons and dresses unders 2,500.00

• edited December 2011
    You have to select designers that meet your price point and then find a store that carries the designers that you are interested in.  You may have to go to a couple of stores depending on the salons you choose becasue all stores do not carry all designers.  

Some designers that have nice gowns within your price point are Pronovias, Allure Bridal, Mori Lee, Sottero and Midgley, Maggie Sottero.  Hope this helps.
    Anniversary
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Pebbles in Woodland Hills.  They have plenty of designers that fit within your budget.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • nikojammnikojamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second pebbles! I had a great experience there & knowledgeable staff!
  • edited December 2011
    I suggest either Pebbles or Camarillo Bridal.
  • edited December 2011

I also recommend Pebbles in Woodland Hills.  I had a good experience.  I love that appointments arent necessary, staff is knowledgeable and friendly, and that they carried beautiful designer gowns that fit my budget.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • michsancmichsanc member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome thanks ladies!! You're the best :)
    Anniversary
  • lexi'smamilexi'smami member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I recommend Pebbles too. They are really nice and have a nice selection of dresses. I bought my Enzoani dress for $2000.00 and I got a credit of $250.00 for anything else I wanted to buy or alterations. I also got my bridemaids dresses here for $165.00. They were wearing Alfred Sung.

Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away. If one were to give all the wealth of his house for love, it would be utterly scorned. Song of Solomon 8:7
  • jwdeldottojwdeldotto member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Check out Maggie Sottero dresses.  I think they are the most well-made dresses under $2000 price range.

There are many authorized dealers for Maggie Sottero.  This place has big selection:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/karoza-design-glendale#query:wedding%20dress
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with mikimoto6, find designers in the right price point first, then look at the designers' website for retailers.

Designers in your price range include:
    • Casablanca Bridal
    • Mori Lee
    • Maggie Sottero, Sottero and Midgley
    • Allure
    • Essence of Australia
    • Mon Cheri
    • Enzoani
    • Pronovias, San Patrick
    • Ella

Remember to check the reviews of the bridal salons on websites such as Yelp and Project Wedding, particularly to make sure the employees are not rude, mean, dishonest, etc. For that price range, two dollar signs ($$) on Yelp is about right, as well as the bottom end of shops with three dollar signs ($$$). I suggest Mariposa Bridal in Anaheim--they had a really good selection. Also, I had a terrible experience at Ferndales Bridal in Orange where I bought my dress, please do not go there.

Another thing to keep in mind for picking what salons to go to, since there are so many to choose from, is whether they allow photos and if they cut the designer tags (with style numbers). Shopping is a lot less fun if you can't look back at the photos to help you decide between dresses. After awhile, it's all a blur.

Good luck.
  • edited December 2011
    Alfred Angelo in HB - very friendly staff!
  • michsancmichsanc member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks knotties...so many suggestions!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards