California-Bay Area

Venue Recommendations

We're on the search for a venue, and while we have a list going I thought this would be the perfect place to get recommendations to add to the list! So what venues do you think we should check out?

A few of our considerations:
-ideally, ceremony and reception at same location
-outdoor ceremony
-possibility for indoor reception
-rental costs under $3000
-on East Bay or Peninsula, but no more than an hour from Fremont area

If you have an idea that doesn't meet all of my points, still let me know, as these are not totally set in stone, and any pointers help!

Thanks!

Re: Venue Recommendations

• leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    There are a bunch of reasonably priced venues out in the Livermore area.

Poppy Ridge Golf Course in Livermore or Sunol Valley Golf Course in Sunol meet all your criteria except the outdoor reception. They do have outdoor ceremony locations.
  • Bonzo2011Bonzo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do have a number of places in Livermore on my list to check out; don't remember if I have those two, so I'll check.

And thanks for the Decathalon Club recommendation, I haven't been looking at the South Bay much, mostly because my dad is fixated on East Bay so that the family doesn't have to drive much, but I'll look at it.

Thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    I got married at the Brazillian Room in Tilden Park. I think it was $2100 for ceremony and reception. The setting is absolutely amazing. We were married outside and even in September it was beautiful.

Downside is you have to use their catering vendors. Fortunately "Serves You Right" is on that list and they are amazing.
  • alyssag721alyssag721 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Murrieta's Well and Elliston Vineyards :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Aly- I LOVE Hyperbole and a half!!
            My last dog was just like the other dog from dogs don't understand moving.

• Bonzo2011Bonzo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have looked at both the Brazilian Room and Elliston Vineyards. The Brazilian Room might get a little tight with the current guest list, though with some trimming of the list it could work. I did love the setting, so beautiful!
    We do like Elliston, it's one of the top venues of what we've seen so far, but my parents are a little hesitant about the catering costs, so we're just doing some more investigating right now.

Again, thanks for the recommendations! It's great having new places to check out, and hearing that other brides liked the places I've looked at too!
  • alyssag721alyssag721 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-bay-area_venue-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:602Discussion:c81adc3f-c2b2-4e54-91b1-4b2c3edcefa9Post:134d2ae9-3cc0-44fa-ba40-6e207be09076">Re: Venue Recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aly- I LOVE Hyperbole and a half!!         My last dog was just like the other dog from dogs don't understand moving.
    Posted by Kaz0918[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha! What a Sad looking puppy... sad but adorable!</div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards