Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Help me with my menu?

I have the option of three of the following things for my menu.

Steak (everyone will have a choice of sirloin or filet mignon)
Chicken (francese, parm, or milanese)
Fish (sea bass or salmon)
Veal (similiar choices to chicken)

I know I will definitely pick steak as one choice- my dad grew up on a cow farm and our family loves a good steak. I think 70% or more will pick this.

But the other three are debatable- my FILs think the fish and veal are the way to go. Will people miss the chicken dish? I know lots of people do like veal in our family, but I always feel like chicken is a must on a menu. Would steak, chicken, and veal work? Help!

Re: Help me with my menu?

• blush64blush64 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would do steak, chicken and fish.

More variety.(veal is different but still cow)
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PP: steak, chicken & fish. It provides the widest variety of choices for your guests. My FI family are all steak lovers but I have to say that I would personally be lost if chicken was not an option on the menu. I'm too fussy with how I eat my steak to generally order it at weddings and I'm allergic to fish.
    I'm a Mrs & My Honeymoon Memory
    imageimage
    Wedding Items For Sale
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_menu-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:a9a9cf7d-1298-4241-a6c2-58012940db33Post:c8797b7e-af0e-44c7-a04e-0766ad6c901e">Re: Help me with my menu?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with PP: steak, chicken & fish. It provides the widest variety of choices for your guests. My FI family are all steak lovers but I have to say that I would personally be lost if chicken was not an option on the menu. I'm too fussy with how I eat my steak to generally order it at weddings and I'm allergic to fish.
    Posted by juma1111[/QUOTE]

Ditto.  Chicken is more of a people pleaser.  I rarely order beef at weddings because it can be really gross sometimes and I never know what I am getting until it is in front of me.  I also am allergic to seafood, and wouldn't touch veal.  Chicken is a good safe option.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • peanutty2peanutty2 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_menu-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:a9a9cf7d-1298-4241-a6c2-58012940db33Post:f69b78ed-8a60-4bc5-ba1d-36d93165cb4f">Re: Help me with my menu?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would do steak, chicken and fish. More variety.(veal is different but still cow)
    Posted by blush64[/QUOTE]
    ditto. 
  • edited December 2011
    I love veal, but I think that people who choose the veal will likely be the same people who would choose steak if there were no veal option.  It's best to try to reach taste buds of people who wouldn't like either one.   I'd go with chicken and--it's actually not one of your options--but a meat-free dish like stuffed pasta, risotto, etc.  Failing that, the sea bass! 
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with everyone. The veal seems like it would be redundant.
  • edited December 2011
      I would do steak, chicken and fish. I'm not a fan of veal and wouldn't choose it at a wedding reception. Although, do you have any vegetarians on your guest list? You may need a veggie option also if you do.
  • Suzie31Suzie31 member
    edited December 2011

Chicken, Steak, and Fish,
     I agree with janicejab that it's really important to have a vegetarian option. 

• edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! A separate vegetarian dish will be available on top of these three things. We only have one vegetarian in the family- it's a small wedding. And believe me- the steak will be top notch. We're having it at a steak restaurant (The Palm).
  • edited December 2011
    If there's definitely an option for vegetarians, I would go with steak, chicken, and fish. I like veal, but it is kind of the same thing as beef and a lot of people don't eat it.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards