Nevada-Las Vegas

Rambling....

Hi Vegas Knotties!

I really wish I had a normal work schedule so I could post when y'all do, but I pull two 12 hour shifts every Saturday and Sunday... on-call during the weekdays (get about 3-4 days each week)... but it is great fun to check the knot on my phone and keep up with the boards I'm following when I get down time...

Don't think I ever "formally" introduced myself... June 2012 Las Vegas bride! very excited and planning has been so low key and easy... which has been great for me... I tell my MOH if I get 'Zilla-y to slap me! haha

Due to work, I haven't had much time to plan... Most recently I did secure our officiant... working on my diy bouquet and some paper flower balls (pomanders??) with my mother.. she is so much craftier than me!!! I'm trying....!  Got my wedding shoes too (Starryeyed knows what I'm talking about! :) )

At this point,main hurdle is just trying to figure our invitation style... I haven't like anything I've seen, verging on DIY but overwhelmed... need something to knock guest's socks off and match the STDs and website... both of which so far have gotten great reviews from guests...

Sorry to ramble.. most of my close friends live out of state and we dont talk much... i esp dont like blabbing on and on about our wedding... very pumped to see a handful of them at our big day that I havent seen since college!!!

Thankyou for letting me write/vent...  beer in hand made organically from a great local vendor... enjoying my "Friday"... all the best to YOU! :)

Re: Rambling....

• edited December 2011
    Have you looked at CardsandPockets.com for DIY invitation materials?
  • goodtobekinggoodtobeking member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thankyou CamilleJon!!!! I have been on CardsandPockets! Think I have even seen your fab invites on their website? (Ugh... swear I'm just a lurker.. NOT a stalker! LOL)... working on it... think i may end up DIYing it.. loving dafont.com... so much so we can't decide on a font! lame! hahah

luckily, I have a family friend who owns a printing company (they did their daughter's wedding papers two years ago... ) and I am hoping they can help me out! I am just looking for that edginess... I mean... is it weird to think I want an invite with a metal-ness... patent leather or scratch ticket feel? I'm really wanting something "different"...

Thank goodness I picked out my dress already!!! dont know why I'm being so picky with the invites....!!! swear every other aspect of planning has been a snap! dont know why I'm being so stubborn on invitations! Again... Thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi & Welcome =)
    I had such a hard time on Invites too! Originally i wanted the matchy matchy look too. But in the end none of my Paper was matchy matchy... 

The saving grace was my Custom Stamp Logo! Made eveything go so great together!
    I brought it to Vegas and did last minute stamping of Menus and even on the cones for petal toss!
    I even used the stamp on Thank You & Tip envelopes... and its a great keepsake ;)

xxB

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • starryeyed77starryeyed77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome!  Invites have been my tough one too....I just cant decide!
  • direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So I see we have two Seattle ladies on this thread - are you ladies both in Seattle proper, or outskirts?  I grew up in WA...

And welcome, officially! 

Oh, and I can't help with invites, I went with boring DIY ones from Michael's...
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!!! I DIY'd mine and got the pockets from cardsandpockets.com.

Happy Planning!!!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Direy... Born and raised Washingtonian! Grew up in Snohomish county... tried my best to leave (college in Miami, FL helped that dream for a few years) but returned about 3 years ago... Currently living with FI up north in Mill Creek... I work weekdays on-call on Capitol Hill downtown, weekends down near Seatac (KILLER drive from MC.. ugh.. but in this economy ya have to go where there is work! And I consider myself lucky to have two jobs)

I can say I'm glad I came back! Met FI playing slowpitch.... and working on Cap Hill rocks! -- /> such great culture, energy and FOOD!  FI's job and housing preferences will keep us out of the actual city... but I bet we could move closer in the coming years!

What about you? Starry?
  • direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_rambling?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:f5c0baa7-98b9-4c96-af6c-ef7dc5f3b9c9Post:bee068c4-26d4-4f83-8fb2-eaa780999453">Re: Rambling....</a>:
    [QUOTE]@Direy... <strong>Born and raised Washingtonian! Grew up in Snohomish county...</strong> tried my best to leave (college in Miami, FL helped that dream for a few years) but returned about 3 years ago... Currently living with FI up north in Mill Creek... I work weekdays on-call on Capitol Hill downtown, weekends down near Seatac (KILLER drive from MC.. ugh.. but in this economy ya have to go where there is work! And I consider myself lucky to have two jobs) I can say I'm glad I came back! Met FI playing slowpitch.... and working on Cap Hill rocks! -- /> such great culture, energy and FOOD!  FI's job and housing preferences will keep us out of the actual city... but I bet we could move closer in the coming years! What about you? Starry?
    Posted by goodtobeking[/QUOTE]
    Small world, I grew up in Monroe!  Man, that's definitely a killer commute!
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• edited December 2011
    You may have seen my invites in their DIY contest... I didn't win :(

I wanted something different, too. I was going to use black lace as part of their belly band, but that got to be too expensive, so I used a black feather instead. I wanted a lot of color instead of the usual "wedding tones" like beige, white, ivory, etc.

I think patent leather would be cool, but I don't know how much it would cost.

And I know what you mean about wanting the invites different and perfect! I think it is pretty important bc it the forst thing guests will see and it can really give them a "feel" for the wedding.

Here are mine:

• starryeyed77starryeyed77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_rambling?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:f5c0baa7-98b9-4c96-af6c-ef7dc5f3b9c9Post:ce79eba5-655e-4940-813e-316ec1e8c72a">Re: Rambling....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rambling.... : Small world, I grew up in Monroe!  Man, that's definitely a killer commute!
    Posted by direy25[/QUOTE]
    Funny!  Im farther west than you two grew up but Washingtonian as well..My dad lives in Snohomish area.
  • edited December 2011

I couldn't find nothing I loved,so I DIYed mine. All my supllies came from C&P and some other places.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    123: Invitedimage
    TBA: Attendingimage
    TBA: Declinedimage
    TBA: Not Repliedimage
    RSVP August 10, 2013
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome!  Where are you having your ceremony/reception? :)

My closest friend from college lives in Cap Hill - I LOVE it there.  I always think over the idea of moving to Seattle... my FI and I will be visiting next summer (to go to the Gorge ;)) and I'll see what he thinks of moving there.  :)

Oh, and on topic: I had a friend make my invites, since we couldn't find anything we liked in our budget.  They're Vegas-themed, but very simple.
  • edited December 2011
    Gosh what a nightmare the invites were... I was overseas and waited too long to order them, which resulted in me stressing ridiculously. They came from an Etsy designer and were just perfect! (I'm not the DIY type). There are pics in my bio (it's in the Vegas Knotties page).
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_rambling?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:f5c0baa7-98b9-4c96-af6c-ef7dc5f3b9c9Post:888eca7c-7618-44e5-973d-057435a63d51">Re: Rambling....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome!  <strong>Where are you having your ceremony/reception?</strong> :) My closest friend from college lives in Cap Hill - I LOVE it there.  I always think over the idea of moving to Seattle... my FI and I will be visiting next summer (to go to the Gorge ;)) and I'll see what he thinks of moving there.  :) Oh, and on topic: I had a friend make my invites, since we couldn't find anything we liked in our budget.  They're Vegas-themed, but very simple.
    Posted by nycheryl[/QUOTE]

Both will be held on The Palms properties... although in different locations... still walking distance... but fantasy suite picked out for reception... cant wait...!

LOVE the Gorge too... been to several concerts there... perfect backdrop/spot for music! Have a great time!!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_rambling?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:f5c0baa7-98b9-4c96-af6c-ef7dc5f3b9c9Post:8ee65b1d-56bd-4862-8f0b-5a07d3598163">Re: Rambling....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rambling.... : Both will be held on The Palms properties... although in different locations... still walking distance... but fantasy suite picked out for reception... cant wait...! LOVE the Gorge too... been to several concerts there... perfect backdrop/spot for music! Have a great time!!!
    Posted by goodtobeking[/QUOTE]

Oooh, that sounds fantastic!  Please make sure to share pictures :)  I haven't seen many people get married at the Palms here.

Awesome :)  I've only been once, but it was so amazing!  I can't wait to take my FI :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards