Snarky Brides

4th of July plans?

Re: 4th of July plans?

• Beer. Lake. Fireworks.
  • Flying home to NY!!!!!!!!
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Oh I like your plans Mara. We haven't decided what to do yet. I hope someone has a party.
  • Sooks! Lucky! What will you do while in NY?
  • DH got free passes and hotel rooms at our local theme park for us, the girls and a friend for Manda. I'm pretty excited!
  • Yay!  My first 4th off in a few years.  The weather is supposed to be good here!  Swimming at FI's parents and fireworks!  Sucrets, where are you going in NY?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • J and I are going on a bike ride, just the two of us. At least, we'll attempt it. I don't know if my back will cooperate, or how long I can tolerate. Then, probably a cookout and a rousing game of stick fetch with Max, the coconut head gorilla.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Float trip, aka beer, camping and canoes! I'm excited because I haven't been camping in about two years, there will be bathrooms at this camp ground, and I've never been on a float trip!

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• My mom & her husband are coming up to the area for the weekend. Saturday & Sunday during the day my team has fundraisers scheduled for the walk.

Saturday night we're going to see the Nats play the Mets. (Sookie, I'm rooting for the Nats, sorry!)
    Sunday night we're going to a local w/concert & fireworks.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_4th-of-july-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:707b72d8-7cf3-4805-9757-0f9887eb8c69Post:32acbc57-690a-4718-88b8-de1198b4a147">Re: 4th of July plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]DH got free passes and hotel rooms at our local theme park for us, the girls and a friend for Manda. I'm pretty excited!
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

Bec that sounds so fun.

Duds that also sounds fun.

I am jealous. We better do something damnit!
  • Same as maratea - beer, lake, fireworks - at my future in-laws place.  Their favorite holiday of all time is the 4th, so it's a pretty outlandish celebration.  I can't wait :)
    panther
  • I love going floating!

• Part of the plan includes sneaking some Pet EZE into some wetfood for the cats so they don't have little cat heart attacks from the fireworks.
  • Zipp, good idea!
  • We're going whitewater rafting at the Royal Gorge, I'm so pumped! My sister is coming in from KC, unfortunately she's bringing her douche boyfriend Undecided. I'll be hitting the leftover pineapple infused vodka to make him tolerable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • to the future in laws!

His brother is having his bachelor party, his fiance is having her bridal shower, I'm being lured by tales of a pool and warm weather.
  • Swimming, eating, and boozing.  Classic American summer!
    Photobucket
  • BF's uncle has an awesome family reunion/4th party every year with awesome BBQ and his pool. Unfortunately I can't go this year because I'm in a stupid cast. So I will be sitting on me rump with burgers, franks and "The Twilight Zone" marathon.
  • I'm with Shelly. Eating and boozing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_4th-of-july-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:707b72d8-7cf3-4805-9757-0f9887eb8c69Post:20de9427-2515-4db3-be8e-293edd6c12e4">Re: 4th of July plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're going whitewater rafting at the Royal Gorge, I'm so pumped! My sister is coming in from KC, unfortunately she's bringing her douche boyfriend . I'll be hitting the leftover pineapple infused vodka to make him tolerable.
    Posted by COkristi[/QUOTE]

Oh yum to the vodka. I have always wanted to go white water rafting minus the douchy BF!
  • I'm really excited about the weekend! I'm going to my parents' house with FI and my brother, and then we're going to my grandparents' house. My two first cousins who I never see will be there with their wives and behbehs. Although they're not really behbehs any more, the oldest is 6 now I think. Anyway, it'll be the first time my grandmother will have seen all of her kids, grandkids, and great grandkids in one place at the same time.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • LC, that's an awesome 4th! Have fun!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_4th-of-july-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:707b72d8-7cf3-4805-9757-0f9887eb8c69Post:cd8d72f4-e5b8-4560-a592-fd54e5e877fa">Re: 4th of July plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sooks! Lucky! What will you do while in NY?
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

Introduce Em to friends and family and hang out at my parents' beach house.  My bro and SIL are also coming down from MA with their 3 kids.  I can't wait!

• Thanks Bec! I'm really looking forward to it. Fortunately, both sides of my family are awesome and I'm not one of those people that has a reason to dread family get togethers.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_4th-of-july-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:707b72d8-7cf3-4805-9757-0f9887eb8c69Post:e3d7ddb7-2e41-4242-b772-261867e5f05f">Re: 4th of July plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm really excited about the weekend! I'm going to my parents' house with FI and my brother, and then we're going to my grandparents' house. My two first cousins who I never see will be there with their wives and behbehs. Although they're not really behbehs any more, the oldest is 6 now I think. Anyway, it'll be the first time my grandmother will have seen all of her kids, grandkids, and great grandkids in one place at the same time.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

I love this!
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_4th-of-july-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:707b72d8-7cf3-4805-9757-0f9887eb8c69Post:b365641a-524b-4a4e-bd61-44c50831f275">Re: 4th of July plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th of July plans? : Oh yum to the vodka. I have always wanted to go white water rafting minus the douchy BF!
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

If I push him overboard there will be room for you. If you promise to help me hold his head underwater.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • acmj - Long Island, where I'm from.  Where upstate are you?  I went to SUNY Potsdam for my undergrad.

sco - it's okay, I understand.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_4th-of-july-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:707b72d8-7cf3-4805-9757-0f9887eb8c69Post:e3d7ddb7-2e41-4242-b772-261867e5f05f">Re: 4th of July plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm really excited about the weekend! I'm going to my parents' house with FI and my brother, and then we're going to my grandparents' house. My two first cousins who I never see will be there with their wives and behbehs. Although they're not really behbehs any more, the oldest is 6 now I think. Anyway, it'll be the first time my grandmother will have seen all of her kids, grandkids, and great grandkids in one place at the same time.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

Oh fun! I bet there will be crawfish involved!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_4th-of-july-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:707b72d8-7cf3-4805-9757-0f9887eb8c69Post:0f2c8747-04ee-4b97-b4a6-b3eb3c5f7bd1">Re: 4th of July plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th of July plans? : If I push him overboard there will be room for you. If you promise to help me hold his head underwater.
    Posted by COkristi[/QUOTE]

Oh awesome. I will help. I have some weights at my house. I will bring them :P

Sucrets that sounds awesome. You deserve some fun!
  • PiruPiru member
    First Comment
    BBQ with my horsey friends! I don't know anybody super well but a number of people will be from my school's team so it's not like they're strangers. It'll be good for my hermit self lol.

Most of my 4ths consist of me staying home and comforting animals. My sister's dog was the real nut though and she lives with my parents and I don't. She'll be sedated. My current cat and dog should be fine- cat might hide under the bed and dog might pace but judging from the past they shouldn't be too worried.

Two days later I'm flying out to surprise FH in Alabama and we'll get our hands on some real fireworks. Legal fireworks in OR are lame lol.
    And if you should die before me, ask if you can take a friend. Pick a flower, close your eyes,and drift away- STP
    June siggy challenge!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards