Pennsylvania

Beginning the search!

Hey everyone!  I'm slowly starting to really begin the plans for my wedding in September and I feel like my head is already spinning.  Sometimes I feel like I'm not planning things soon enough or maybe it's too soon.

I'm starting the search process of where to hold the ceremony/reception.  I'm looking at Nichols Village Hotel & Spa and Genetti Manor this weekend.  Has anyone been to these places for a wedding?  I'm also thinking about looking into the Ramada if these places don't really work for me.  I'm just curious what some others thought of them. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 82 Made the cut!
image 55 Are ready to celebrate! image 22 Are missing out! image 5 Are MIA!

Re: Beginning the search!

• edited December 2011
    Hello,
    My best friend got married at the Nichols Village about two years ago.  It really is beautiful there.  Her sister, also my friend just booked there for her wedding.  It is much more expensive than I can afford, however it is beautiful. 

I have never been to a wedding at the other places you mentioned.

I however am getting married at the inne of the abingtons.  The people there are great, and you really get a lot for the price.  If you haven't looked there, you should check them out too!
  • tmwanyotmwanyo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Look into the inne of the abingtons for sure. I will be getting married there 9-3-11. Their prices are amazing for everything you get included versus other places. So if you are on a budget I would check out there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sweetpea0911sweetpea0911 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Regal Room in Olyphant is great!  That's where our reception is.  And Montdale Country Club was fabulous...we'd be having everything there if a) my FI wasn't set on having a church wedding and b) they weren't booked on our date.

***raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways***
    oh noes, sweetpea UPDATED her planning bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NatashaYFNatashaYF member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I tried setting up an appointment at the Inne of the Abingtons but I'm away at school so every time I was free I was told I would only be able to talk with someone for 5-10 minutes and then maybe get a quick tour of everything with it being such a busy time for them right now.  I wanted to find a place soon too since it's a popular date and it's under a year now so I was just working with what was easiest for me to really see without being rushed through it. When I spoke to them, they told me to go by what was on their website instead of actually speaking to me about it or answering any questions I had.  I just didn't get good vibes from there, maybe I caught the guy at a bad time but he didn't seem to interested in what my plans were for how I wanted everything either.

I ended up going with Nichols Village.  I absolutely fell in love with it when the coordinator started showing us around and she knew it, my face just lit up!  I looked up at the Genetti Manor the next day, just so I was giving myself some sort of option, but it just couldn't compare to what Nichols looked like and what I was getting in the package.  It is a bit more pricey but they're taking care of a lot of things that would add up and having me spend more in the long run.  I really wanted somewhere that had rooms for my guests to stay in also because I have quite a few that have to drive a couple hours to get there.  She is being very flexible with us already so that's a plus.  I knew that was the place as soon as I walked in and started talking to them and seeing everything, my heart was set. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 82 Made the cut!
    edited December 2011
    Tasha - you're getting married on 09/10/11?  Me too!  Where are you located in NEPA?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I live in Scranton.  I'm away at school in Lock Haven though until May.  Where you are located at?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 82 Made the cut!
    edited December 2011
    I'm in Camp Hill, but my FI is in Peckville =]  We both graduated from Clarion in May!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We both graduate in May next year.  He just moved in with me not too long ago.  We both used to live in Canton, PA but I moved back to Scranton last year since my family is originally from there.  I'm not really familiar with all the surrounding areas in NEPA just yet, what is Camp Hill near?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 82 Made the cut!
  • edited December 2011
    Even though this conversation went other ways.....

When you called the Inne it must have really been at a bad time.  I never received service like that.  Any questions I have They get back to me right away.  When I went to look at the place the owner probably spent an hour with us.  He was fabulous!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The whole timing thing is probably true.  It looks beautiful up there from what is shown online and I was really interested in meeting with them. I'm happy with where I chose now so it all worked out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 82 Made the cut!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards