Not Engaged Yet

Who's Here?

Just got the kiddo to bed and feeling lazy tonight.  We stayed up way late last night watching the NASA feed from the Curiosity landing, so I have been dragging a bit all day.  

I managed to get a resume out this morning before I went to work for a job posting I saw late last week.  Currently I am providing office support about ten hours a week for a small nonprofit.  The position I applied for is doing the same thing, plus some work with volunteers (which I do for the PTO.)  The job would offer 30 hours a week, great start and end time.  It is basically perfect, flexible and would allow me to continue doing the other nonprofit job and my volunteering.  My skill set is a great match, so if they don't consider me, they are crazy!  :)

What are you up to?  Anything to report, gripe about? 

Re: Who's Here?

• Well, damn.  You beat me.
  • Hey. I'm here. Listening to FI ream out Comcast. Fvcking whores. 

I had two margaritas tonight. I came off my buzz quick when Comcast called. I'm pretty sure my liver could handle more, not sure if my work could. I need to be productive tomorrow.

My weekend was fun. Elle and I got shitfaced on Saturday and drank to cure the hang over last night.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • I'm busy being exhuasted from a weekend of moving, packing, unpacking, and brick workout. I was suposed to be doing more packing, homework, and some resume posting but yeah I'm just going to stay lazy and go to bed soon.

I do have to say I did make some awesome veggy chili and I had a deccent short 3 mile run after work.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • pixie, where did you move from/to?

BTW, it's killing me how nice FI is being to comcast. That's why he has the phone and I don't. I lost it on person #1. He's on person #7. 

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • I'm trying to decide whether Drew and I make the best or worst ever drinking buddies.  We're co-enablers.

Everytime the bartender came up to see if we needed anything, we would look at each other, shrug, and order another round.

It was quite a weekend.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:f2206355-b04d-4db0-aa02-4168065ed9e5">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm trying to decide whether Drew and I make the best or worst ever drinking buddies.  We're co-enablers. Everytime the bartender came up to see if we needed anything, we would look at each other, shrug, and order another round. It was quite a weekend.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>We made friends. I think we're the best drinking buddies ever. </div><div>
    </div><div>Okay, question time: You go to a new bar, what's your first alcoholic beverage you order?</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:0465cede-7c9e-4a54-bf4a-36544bf2eeb2">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]pixie, where did you move from/to? BTW, it's killing me how nice FI is being to comcast. That's why he has the phone and I don't. I lost it on person #1. He's on person #7. 
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

<div>This is why people like us need to be in relationships.  I once requested a GF menu from a restaurant, and the server talked us through it.  The next time, we ate at the bar, and they gave me a "low gluten" menu.  I FLIPPED on the hostess, and then the manager, and stomped away bawling.  BF talked calmly to another manager for like 20 minutes and scored us a gift card.  Which we'll be using to get wasted.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm here.  Drinking vodka and finishing watching LOTR Return of the King, and then I'm going to turn on Scrubs and go to bed.  I'm not really watching right now because I wasn't really watching today.  I suck.</div>
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Vodka Tonic.
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:9532c627-78a4-4088-981f-ff751fcf97ca">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Here? : We made friends. I think we're the best drinking buddies ever.  Okay, question time: You go to a new bar, what's your first alcoholic beverage you order?

B!tch

*middle finger*
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:55465ef6-9f7e-47ae-bcce-bb59acc54eb6">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Here? : B!tch *middle finger*

<div>That's not an appropriate answer.  ANSWER THE QUESTION.</div>
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:0465cede-7c9e-4a54-bf4a-36544bf2eeb2">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]pixie, where did you move from/to? BTW, it's killing me how nice FI is being to comcast. That's why he has the phone and I don't. I lost it on person #1. He's on person #7. 

FI and I are combining households. He will move in fully next weekend into the house we are renting, I will move in with kidlet about 10 days behind. He's moving from a town called Herndon, and I'm moving from Manassas. We're going to a town called Haymarket.

FI and I agreed early in our dating that we wouldnt live together until engaged with a wedding date because of my daughter. Note that we do spend every other weekend together (when she's with her father), we've done budget talks together, compared incomes, taken my daughter on vacations together etc so we arent worried about living together. You know itll be ok when you've spent time sick together, time bumming on a couch in your pjs all day together, gone through the we must budget for something together and you're eating in rather than out for a month straight etc.

I'm super excited about this move since when together we work like a family. Its going to be wonderful to come home to the two people who keep me going everyday that I love with all of my heart. Lots of work coming to us but it will all be worth it.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:c282ff80-5d8c-4c4f-a157-cafb518a7b44">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Here? : <strong>This is why people like us need to be in relationships.</strong>  I once requested a GF menu from a restaurant, and the server talked us through it.  The next time, we ate at the bar, and they gave me a "low gluten" menu.  I FLIPPED on the hostess, and then the manager, and stomped away bawling.  BF talked calmly to another manager for like 20 minutes and scored us a gift card.  Which we'll be using to get wasted. I'm here.  Drinking vodka and finishing watching LOTR Return of the King, and then I'm going to turn on Scrubs and go to bed.  I'm not really watching right now because I wasn't really watching today.  I suck.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

<div>True that. I usually am the calm one and don't easily lose my sh!t, but they called me non stop to talk me into upgrading my account and I got tired of it, so I ignored them. I answered today expecting the same sales pitch and they told me I owed them $150+ and how could I pay today. I was like, wtf, my online account says I owe $0. I flipped out on the girl and she took the late fees off, but then I said that wasn't okay. That's when FI came in and took the phone from me. </div><div>
    </div><div>I love LOTR Return of the King. Def my favorite one. </div><div>
    </div><div>My drink is always a vodka cranberry or margarita. </div><div>
    </div><div>Comcast update: They wouldn't put FI on the phone with a supervisor, so he told them he'd call back tomorrow and hung up. What fvcking tards.</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:959be37a-202b-43e8-a000-42ad2d680610">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Vodka Tonic.

<div>Ditto this, extra lime.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Unless they have good martinis: then either dirty with extra olives or something with chocolate (depending on if I am in a sweet or salty mood)</div>

• I'm here. Trying to calm down after a crazy past few hours. I had really bad chest pains this afternoon, went to the student health center and they basically didn't even care that I could have potentially been having a heart attack, told me they didn't have time to see me because they closed in 30 minutes, and told me to leave.

Frantically called H (who is out of the country, which contributed even more to my freak out) and stayed on the phone with him while I drove to urgent care, the whole time freaking out on him like "Should I call 911? I really don't feel good...No, I'm ok I just need to get to urgent care...gah what should I do??!"

Turns out I wasn't having a heart attack. And I'm still alive! Yay!
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Comcast has been being sketchy here. I think thats who FI said we're getting in the new house too :/
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:004e7073-94e2-434d-9e0f-92c599c82a23">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Here? : True that. I usually am the calm one and don't easily lose my sh!t, but they called me non stop to talk me into upgrading my account and I got tired of it, so I ignored them. I answered today expecting the same sales pitch and they told me I owed them $150+ and how could I pay today. I was like, wtf, my online account says I owe $0. I flipped out on the girl and she took the late fees off, but then I said that wasn't okay. That's when FI came in and took the phone from me.  I love LOTR Return of the King. Def my favorite one.  My drink is always a vodka cranberry or margarita.  Comcast update: They wouldn't put FI on the phone with a supervisor, so he told them he'd call back tomorrow and hung up. What fvcking tards.

<div>Please tell me he got names for every single one of those b!tches.</div>
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:15cb1979-d27e-4b2e-8aa5-1a5a37a5a9a8">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Here? : That's not an appropriate answer.  ANSWER THE QUESTION.

<div>That's what the guy at the bar Saturday kept telling us. B!tch. *middle finger*</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:b4cca085-4c8f-437b-bd17-16920d7f0dbb">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Here? : That's what the guy at the bar Saturday kept telling us. B!tch. *middle finger*

<div>...I don't get it.</div>
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:9ecb6b0f-f287-4745-b2fd-5d26a7ae4173">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Here? : Please tell me he got names for every single one of those b!tches.

<div>I know the tech guy who laughed at me was named Pierre. </div>

• Mookow, I'm very glad you weren't having a heart attack and that you're ok.  Any idea what the problem was?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:0265063c-cb71-43f5-bd13-81f88ba1be7a">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Here? : ...I don't get it.

*stink eye and shrug*
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:0265063c-cb71-43f5-bd13-81f88ba1be7a">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Here? : ...I don't get it.

<div>Elle and I were at the bar Saturday night with my FI. Homeboy came and sat with us, no problem. He wouldn't answer any question about who he was or what he did. When we started ignoring him because he was fvcking creepy, he just sat there and randomly flipped us off. When we went to the bathroom, he turned to FI and said "Bitches." </div>

• Mookow!  I'm glad you're okay!

Aud, they would be very sorry if they were talking to me.  Very sorry they ever laughed, and VERY VERY sorry they refused to connect me to a supervisor.  The last time someone refused to connect me to a supervisor, I talked to the President of the company that afternoon.
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:4ab5ebeb-ca94-480c-8a67-0d455e729f23">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Here? : *stink eye and shrug*

<div>BITE ME.</div>
    I french with my man
  • edited August 2012
    Thanks, Elle and Peek! Yeah they told me they think it's costochondritis which is like an iflammation of the cartilage around your ribs/breastbone, which they pretty much can't do anything about except give you pain meds.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:50e4d0d7-2a04-4c8b-a2e7-d437e74a2cba">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mookow!  I'm glad you're okay! Aud, they would be very sorry if they were talking to me.  Very sorry they ever laughed, and VERY VERY sorry they refused to connect me to a supervisor.  The last time someone refused to connect me to a supervisor, I talked to the President of the company that afternoon.

<div>Call comcast for me? *bats eyes*</div><div>
    </div><div>Too bad it's 9 pm and a legit supervisor probably wasn't even around. </div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:f05405d1-93ba-49bf-80cb-8d6169e8164c">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, Elle and Peek! Yeah they told me they think it's costochondritis which is like an iflammation of the cartilage around your ribs/breastbone, which they pretty much can't do anything about except give you pain meds.
    Posted by mookow86[/QUOTE]

<div>Moo, that sounds really painful. Do you know how it got that way or how to prevent it from happening again? </div><div>
    </div><div>Chest pains are the freaking worst!</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:ebda1ad7-10c8-468f-9991-070150db3740">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm here. Trying to calm down after a crazy past few hours. I had really bad chest pains this afternoon, went to the student health center and they basically didn't even care that I could have potentially been having a heart attack, told me they didn't have time to see me because they closed in 30 minutes, and told me to leave. Frantically called H (who is out of the country, which contributed even more to my freak out) and stayed on the phone with him while I drove to urgent care, the whole time freaking out on him like "Should I call 911? I really don't feel good...No, I'm ok I just need to get to urgent care...gah what should I do??!" Turns out I wasn't having a heart attack. And I'm still alive! Yay!
    Posted by mookow86[/QUOTE]

Costiocondroitis?
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:2fb030c6-9c6d-4fa8-a600-cf94914b1c79">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Here? : Call comcast for me? *bats eyes* Too bad it's 9 pm and a legit supervisor probably wasn't even around. 

<div>I'll absolutely call Comcast.  I enjoy telling people what they can do with their crappy customer service.</div><div>
    </div><div>Said man who refused to connect me to a supervisor laughed when I threatened to call the president of his company and actually said "Good luck with that."  I called the other store and they transferred me to his direct line.  CHECK.MATE.</div>
    I french with my man
  • drew- usually it happens for no good reason :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards