Pennsylvania-Central

Venue Suggestions

My fiance and I had our heart set on having our wedding reception at the Sheraton Hotel in Harrisburg and i just attended a menu tasting event and based on the experience I am doubting that it truly is the perfect fit for us. We are expecting 150 guests, the venue must be indoors, and we prefer to have overnight accommodations on sight or very close by. Our ceremony will be at a church in Harrisburg so we are trying to stay within 30 minutes of the church. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
AJK2013

Re: Venue Suggestions

• My sister had her wedding at the Sheraton a couple years ago and it was really great! Everyone had a wonderful time and the service was very good.

We're having our reception at the Hershey Lodge and they can definitely accommodate 150 guests. The Hershey Auto Museum is indoors and has 2 hotels right next door.  Crown Plaza in Harrisburg, The Hotel Hershey, Colonial Golf Club, Holiday Inn Harrisburg East, Radisson Hotel Harrisburg, West Shore Country Club.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We looked at Colonial Country Club and The  Hershey Lodge, both were beautiful, but a little out of our budget. We also looked at the Park Inn because his mom insisted, and we were surprised and impressed. They have a pretty outdoor garden you don't see from the road. We haven't made a decision yet, but they set up a menu sampling before we signed a contract and it was very good! We are going to check out the Hershey Country Club this weekend before making a decision.
  • Our was at the Hershey Country Club this past August. We did it in the Piccard Grand Pavilion and it was great- let me know if you have questions!!
  • I'm also looking for a venue in the harrisburg/hershey area.  Does anybody know how much it is to have a wedding at the hershey hotel, lodge, country club??  I heard it's very pricey.  Just want to confirm.  Thanks! 

PS I'm not from this area.  Venue searching hasn't been easy.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_venue-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:107Discussion:e02bdd73-d3e7-4ab6-8ad9-ba09d3823fffPost:7ec1485f-b228-41a8-a724-5763c0dc2e14">Re: Venue Suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm also looking for a venue in the harrisburg/hershey area.  Does anybody know how much it is to have a wedding at the hershey hotel, lodge, country club??  I heard it's very pricey.  Just want to confirm.  Thanks!  PS I'm not from this area.  Venue searching hasn't been easy.
    Posted by mdelos[/QUOTE]

For the Hershey Lodge, I filled out the wedding request form on their website and was sent an email with a packet of information that included prices.  If you go to their websites, they have someone you could contact to get pricing! It all varies depending on size of the wedding and food choices.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    The Riverdale Manor in Lancaster is awesome. It is indoor reception in a renovated barn with AC/Heat of course. It has large windows for tons of light and views. The hotels near by Marriott and Hampton Inn both have a shuttle that runs to and from the Riverdale. It is less that 5 mins to the hotels from there.
    The Riverdale is back in the woods along the Conestoga river and is absolutely beautiful. I just had my tasting there and the food was outstanding.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Here is info for the Hershey Country Club, however we did stations and it was a little cheaper:  http://www.hersheycountryclub.com/weddings/pdf/wedding_packages.pdf

If you're a member you get 10% off food, and there's no charge to rent the space.
  • PS- the Hotel Hershey prices are pretty similar to the HCC, maybe slightly higher.
  • Any comments on colonial golf club, ski roundtop, Yorktowne hotel, and outdoor country club in York?
  • Any comments on colonial golf club, ski roundtop, Yorktowne hotel, and outdoor country club in York?
  • My wedding is at the Felicita Resort just slightly outside of Hbg. We just went to a tasting there and it was phenomenal. We even spoke personally to Lauren the chef, and they are so accommodating. If the actual wedding is just like this day was, we will be thrilled!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards