Not Engaged Yet

What's for dinner?

So, I'm at a loss for what to cook for dinner. I'm opening the floor to the NEY ladies. I have no dietary restrictions, and I love every thing. I would like dinner take less than and hour to make. 

So, my foodie friends- What should I make for dinner?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What's for dinner?

• lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going on a date with Andrew! We're getting sushi and then watching an anime!

I would suggest the following for dinner:
    Bacon Wrapped Pork Medallions- http://allrecipes.com/recipe/bacon-wrapped-pork-medallions/detail.aspx
    Roasted Asparagus- http://allrecipes.com/recipe/oven-roasted-asparagus/detail.aspx
    and Mashed Potatoes
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • doubleSS07doubleSS07 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CRAPPPPP I forgot to take something out of the freezer for dinner!!!

Sorry that's no help for you LOL but what do have at your house or are you grocery shopping?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Marinated tuna steaks with steamed asparagus and roasted new potatoes!
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    My suggestion:
    Buy a couple chicken breasts, melt butter/margarine in a bowl, and mix in a tablespoon of mustard (any kind you like). In a large plastic bag, mix 1/2 cup of bread crumbs (I like panko or italian), with 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.

Dip chicken in melted butter/mustard mix, then place in bag. Shake until covered. Repeat with all chicken breasts. You may need to add more bread crumbs/cheese.

Bake as you normally would bake chicken. It is YUMMY!

My dinner:
    I'm going to one of my favorite restaurants in Phoenix with a few of my girlfriends to discuss my Scottsdale shower/bachelorette party. This place has a $20 deal for a board of bruschetta and a bottle of wine. CAN'T WAIT!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• edited December 2011
    I am making homemade vodka sauce with pasta and homemade meatballs!

Here's the vodka sauce recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/easy-vodka-sauce/

The meatball recipe is my mother's, and there are no real measurements, and everything is to taste:
    1 lb ground beef (I've also used ground turkey and ground chicken)
    1 egg
    Italian style breadcrumbs
    Tomato sauce
    Parmesan cheese
    Oregano, rosemary, basil, salt, pepper (any spices you like!) to taste

Mix everything together. If mixture is too wet, add more breadcrumbs. If too dry, add more tomato sauce. Roll into balls, place on greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 F for about 20-30 minutes, or until no longer pink inside.

Sometimes, I put tiny little balls of mozzarella cheese in the center of the meatballs =)

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whats-dinner-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a6954f4d-abc8-496d-b983-456f344dd265Post:bbedb0b0-a924-4c1c-a999-55b8dca4479c">Re: What's for dinner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My suggestion: Buy a couple chicken breasts, melt butter/margarine in a bowl, and mix in a tablespoon of mustard (any kind you like). In a large plastic bag, mix 1/2 cup of bread crumbs (I like panko or italian), with 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese. Dip chicken in melted butter/mustard mix, then place in bag. Shake until covered. Repeat with all chicken breasts. You may need to add more bread crumbs/cheese. Bake as you normally would bake chicken. It is YUMMY! My dinner: I'm going to one of my favorite restaurants in Phoenix with a few of my girlfriends to discuss my Scottsdale shower/bachelorette party. This place has a $20 deal for a board of bruschetta and a bottle of wine. CAN'T WAIT!
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

I think I'm going to make that for dinner tonight. It sounds yummy! I wish we had some wine to go with it! Hope you have fun!
    -Ely

• Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We're having meatloaf and mashed potatoes. 

I also love Rachael Ray's Parmesan Crusted Tilapia recipe

It's basically:
    coat tilapia in olive oil
    cover in a mixture of parmesan cheese and a bit of paprika (like 1 cup: 1 teaspoon ratio)
    Cook at 400 for 20 min. 

Delish :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • edited December 2011
    we are going here for my mom's birthday tonight:  Eischen's

check out the menu:  only 8 items listed...  one vegetable (fried okra).

definitely not my first choice, and I'm sure I'll spend the rest of the week paying for it!

bside, your meatballs and vodka sauce sound fabulous!!
  • lennonkdclennonkdc member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MMM that all sounds so good! 

I have to go get groceries on my way home from work. I'm leaning towards the breaded chicken, or  blue cheese stuffed pork chops (I found a recipe)....

I really want sushi, so I'm very jealous Lunar :) 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whats-dinner-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:a6954f4d-abc8-496d-b983-456f344dd265Post:57c591ef-7943-404d-ba55-e109863fc50a">Re: What's for dinner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]bside, your meatballs and vodka sauce sound fabulous!!
    Posted by CocoBellaF[/QUOTE]

Why thank you! It's a good comfort food =D  And that recipe makes a huge batch of vodka sauce, so there's plenty left over to stick in the freezer for later.

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whats-dinner-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a6954f4d-abc8-496d-b983-456f344dd265Post:e1de42d6-701b-485e-9eb5-5b48f34a4b06">Re: What's for dinner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's for dinner? : Why thank you! It's a good comfort food =D  And that recipe makes a huge batch of vodka sauce, so there's plenty left over to stick in the freezer for later.
    Posted by bsidebella[/QUOTE]

<div>What brand of vodka do you use? </div>

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • polkadot111polkadot111 member
    edited December 2011
    lasagna!!
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    We're having tilapia with like a bruschetta over the top & I'm not sure what sides yet :)

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whats-dinner-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:a6954f4d-abc8-496d-b983-456f344dd265Post:f84ebd2a-e5b4-4ce3-b636-da9bb4efb02a">Re: What's for dinner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's for dinner? : What brand of vodka do you use? 
    Posted by lennonkdc[/QUOTE]

You can use any brand, really! I mean, the vodka I use is so cheap it's not even drinkable, but it makes some damn good sauce.

• edited December 2011
    I'm going with ordering Chinese take-out! After entertaining guests for 4 days...i'm not lifting a finger in the kitchen tonight!! Besides, it's less than 1 hour and made to order - so it totally fits your requirements!

sorry i'm no actual help here lennon...
  • csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Last night I made butternut squash risotto, grilled asparagus, and baked salmon with a saffron cream sauce. It was sooooo good.

Tonight will be a lot more boring, since I have less time to prepare. Multigrain pasta with turkey bolognese. Still very yummy though!
  • lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    edited December 2011

Sake....we all need some sake.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I am eating leftover chinese food.  
    If not tongiht for the future this was so easy.  I used veggie sausage though.

Anniversary

edited December 2011
    ${PostReplyPrefix}
    [QUOTE]$quoteText
    $postAuthor[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Yes we do Lunar!! </div><div>
    </div><div>So, I went with BSide's Vodka sauce. Its currently simmering away on the stove. I kicked it up with a ton of garlic and shallots instead of just onions, fresh oregano and thyme from my garden, and a pinch of red pepper flakes It smells delish, and I'm going to cook up some Italian sausage, and some garlic bread. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whats-dinner-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:a6954f4d-abc8-496d-b983-456f344dd265Post:13abd2e9-cb1c-4f9b-99b5-c639716cec24">Re: What's for dinner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]${PostReplyPrefix} Yes we do Lunar!!  So, I went with BSide's Vodka sauce. Its currently simmering away on the stove. I kicked it up with a ton of garlic and shallots instead of just onions, fresh oregano and thyme from my garden, and a pinch of red pepper flakes It smells delish, and I'm going to cook up some Italian sausage, and some garlic bread. 
    Posted by lennonkdc[/QUOTE]

Whoop whoop!

Sounds awesome, lennon. You inspired me to add a heaping pile of garlic to mine as well, LOL. FI doesn't get home until 8:30ish, so I just started now.

Let me know how it turns out!!

• SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    That vodka sauce looks fantastic, I will have to give that one a try. Thanks for sharing :)

BF and I are having steak and baked potatoes for dinner. I'm done the run of the opera now, so I actually had time to do groceries and make real food for dinner tonight!
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whats-dinner-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a6954f4d-abc8-496d-b983-456f344dd265Post:dc9a041b-4013-4246-b1f8-8fbd7d05644e">Re: What's for dinner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's for dinner? : Whoop whoop! Sounds awesome, lennon. You inspired me to add a heaping pile of garlic to mine as well, LOL. FI doesn't get home until 8:30ish, so I just started now. Let me know how it turns out!!
    Posted by bsidebella[/QUOTE]

<div>Nom Nom Nom! It was soooo yummy!! I've never made my own sauce before, but this was awesome! I have enough for lunch tomorrow and I froze enough for a whole meal later this month :)</div><div>
    </div><div>Next time I'm doubling the amount of garlic (at least, BF and I love garlic) and adding a few pinches more red pepper. But for a first attempt I'm feeling pretty pleased about what just happened :) Thanks Bside!</div>

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards