California-Los Angeles

Save the Date Pic Locations HELP!!

Hi everyone, I have only been living in LA for a year and I need to find some good places to have our engagement/save the date pictures taken, any suggestions??

Re: Save the Date Pic Locations HELP!!

• Santa Monica Pier, Downtown LA, Getty Center, favorite park, beach (El Matador beach just north of Malibu is beautiful and not usually crowded), Griffith Observatory.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Union Station, Walt Disney Concert Hall, Pasadena City Hall
  • Thank you guys for your help! I did reach out to the Getty Center previously and was told that engagement photos were not allowed  :(
  • We took some in Santa Monica and some at Temesal Canyon. And a few at a little park right near Temescal. Check with your photographer, and also look at some photographer's sites. They may provide some ideas.
  • the Bradbury Building.

honestly, just, um, don't ask if you can do photos. Just do them, and if someone stops you, so be it.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • You have great recommendations already.

I'll add LACMA, Dowontown LA, Old Town Pasadena, Downtown Long Beach..

Ditto about not asking for permission. Engagement sessions are more about the vibe, beat and movement of the moments and usually not to stop and direct shots like with a tripod/reflectors and such.  
  • Disney or Downtown Disney, The Arboretum in Santa Anita, Descando Gardens,
    Montrose Program Center if you want an outdoors-y / camping setting
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_save-the-date-pic-locations-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:68Discussion:4e0644b7-9829-4c40-9393-2218f740ada4Post:37675e21-0c65-47fd-9869-dddb898d3d4f">Save the Date Pic Locations HELP!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone, I have only been living in LA for a year and I need to find some good places to have our engagement/save the date pictures taken, any suggestions??
    Posted by Liz C16[/QUOTE]

Your photographer will probably have some good ideas.  Check through their website or ask them for examples of other engagement shoots they've done.  If you see pictures you like, ask to go to the same location.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards