California-Los Angeles

Cake Tastings

Besides discussing the flavors, tiers, shape and design are there any other questions I should ask or be prepared for when we go to our cake tastings??

TIA
My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
Our Wedding Teasers
imageWedding Countdown Ticker
243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cake Tastings

• edited December 2011
    If you want extra layers for "look" ask if you can get fake layers so it is less expensive.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ask about the set up.  My cake lady had three different stands that she used and we ended up with a lighted stand which I thought was pretty cool.  Also ask if they provide a box for the top layer (if you plan on saving it).
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Oh I want a lighted stand - I hope one of them has one!!!
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Price, of course, but also if there is a delivery fee. I know one place we went to was cheaper by the slice, but when you added in the delivery fee, it actually ended up being more than another place that cost more per slice.

Also the policy on the stand- what the cost to rent is, when it has to be returned by, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards