Pennsylvania-Central

Recption/Banquet Halls in York or West Lancaster....HELP!!

So...I have been looking for a reception venue for over a month now and I'm almost at my wits end! I have looked into all the regular places listed on this site like Altland House, Cameron Estates, Perfect Settings....basically every place listed on this website. I am looking for ideas a little outside the box. I'll tell you what I want and then hopefully you all can help me!!

I'm looking for a banquet hall/reception hall/ball room or whatever that comes with tables and chairs. I can take care of linens and tableware and all that. I want to be ale to bring my own caterer AND bring my own alcohol if I want to. We are expecting between 120 and 140 guests so I would want room for all, comfortably AND have room for a dance floor.

I have thought about public parks and pavilions but my concern is having my guests (and myself) use port-o-potties or restrooms that aren't really cleaned very well.

I was thinking maybe a community center room or rec center room, but i'm not sure of any or what they would look like.

Any and all help, suggestions and ideas are greatly appreciated!!
178 Are Invited
image 126 Are ready to Par-tay!!image 52 Are party poopers.image 0 Can't find the mailbox.image
RSVP Date April 14
Photobucket
Follow Me on Pinterest
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Recption/Banquet Halls in York or West Lancaster....HELP!!

• cmng2703cmng2703 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure how big of a wedding you are having-but if you are having no more then 120 then I cannot recommend Perfect Settings in Columbia enough. Daisy (the owner) is amazing to work with and the place is beautiful. She allows you to bring your own caterer as well as your own alcohol. Your fee does come with tables and chairs, and she has an option that provides you with all the linens and china but she does not require that you get those thru her. She has been great-I cant say enough good things about her!
  • cmng2703cmng2703 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry-I didnt see your post on the other discussion about venues. I am sorry to hear that Perfect Settings didnt work out for you-when we went it was set up for a wedding of 112 and the dance floor was small, however Daisy told us that she will crash down some tables to make the dance floor a bit larger so I think we will be okay. Sorry to hear that it didnt work out!
  • edited December 2011
    I appreciate your help though...I was very disappointed to realize it wouldn't work for us either. It is so close to my home and right in the middle of all our family. It would have been perfect if it were just a little larger...  :(
    178 Are Invited
    image 126 Are ready to Par-tay!!image 52 Are party poopers.image 0 Can't find the mailbox.image
    RSVP Date April 14
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

http://www.partybelles.com/

The first picture on this site is a place called Agape located on Roosevelt Ave in york. We are having our reception there in June. We are able to bring our own caterer and booze. but they provide tables. the space is so unique!

• edited December 2011
    I'm not 100% sure on size but Cool Creek Country Club in Wrightsville may be an option.
    Mrs. Wiggins image
  • edited December 2011
    What about the York Heritage Trust on Market Street?  It's a museum with a balcony so your DJ can be upstairs and dancefloor below which gives you more room.  You can bring your own caterer and alcohol is permitted.  They also have a room for your ceremony if you'd prefer and a small but nice garden outside.
  • MeganBMMeganBM member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about Riverdale manor?  It is in lancaster- but definitely worth checking out.
  • edited December 2011
    OMG!! I just looked at the pictures from the York Heritage Trust museum and completely fell in love!!! It is so beautiful!! I'm thinking about going there today to check it out!! Thank you so much for the suggestion!!
    178 Are Invited
    RSVP Date April 14
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You are a genius!!! I went to look at the museum yesterday and I LOVE it!!! I knew the second I walked in that that was THE place to have my reception!! Thank you thank you thank you!!! I'm calling first thing Monday to set up an appointment with the events coordinator!!
    178 Are Invited
    RSVP Date April 14
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jrkjpfjrkjpf member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try wisehaven, they have a giant dancefloor, balcony, stage, etc
    Seating for 650+

Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and I don't live to be. But, before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. -Bob Marley

• edited December 2011
    Glad you liked the museum!  Please be sure to post pictures after your wedding!  That place is gorgeous!  I also loved the mega-organ in the lobby!
  • edited December 2011
    Lurked from the bump/nest.
    This is where I had my wedding in Dec 06. I LOVED it there. We seated bout 150. Enjoy that place! It's a gem!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards