Snarky Brides

Tell me things.

Re: Tell me things.

• That sounds really interesting, Megh!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • J, I saw your new sig pic in the Confessions thread and I was about to say I absolutely love it and that you're gorgeous!  How fitting for this thread :)

I had tuna wraps for dinner with a creamy tomato-basil side pasta dish.  It was yummy but I ate too much of the side dish :(

I'm currently reading Taken. So far it's all sorts of fugged up so obviously I like it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f00edc94-b772-49cd-87af-047b4d3bfbfcPost:790782de-b85f-4246-b856-038980efa698">Re: Tell me things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]H is currently ripping up part of the carpet in the basement, because Levi won't stop pissing on it.  I'm secretly not so upset, because I freaking hate the carpet down there.  Hopefully this is just one step closer to redoing the floors. I want fake hardwood down there. Also. TMI. I am so fucking bloated that it hurts. Like <strong>PAINFULLY bloated.</strong> There are all sorts of gas meds on the 'safe' life, but I'm still scared to take any.  And, I'm done now, because I don't want to be that girl that only talks about being pregnant.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

I just saw this, and I don't know if anyone's commented yet, but seriously - lemon water. Squeeze half a lemon into a glass of room temp water and drink it. I swear, it works just as good (if not better) than the stuff at the pharmacy.
  • J, I seriously love your new pic.  Beautiful.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Apparently, my father officially disowned me - I'm off his life insurance policy and everything.  I found this out from my mother whom he CC'd on an email to my sister, telling her that she's now the main beneficiary.

Makes for an awkward living situation, though.

Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • OK, stop telling me I'm pretty, now it's getting awkward ;)  lol.

But thanks for the compliments (on me, I can't take credit for the awesome pictures).

Is the book Taken like the movie Taken?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f00edc94-b772-49cd-87af-047b4d3bfbfcPost:5411160a-a7cc-4e1c-a606-788ff04add80">Re: Tell me things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Apparently, my father officially disowned me - I'm off his life insurance policy and everything.  I found this out from my mother whom he CC'd on an email to my sister, telling her that she's now the main beneficiary. Makes for an awkward living situation, though.
    Posted by tidetravel[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, that is awkward.  May I ask why?  You don't have to answer.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f00edc94-b772-49cd-87af-047b4d3bfbfcPost:95267ca8-51f4-4d84-bcaf-7c81991623a5">Re: Tell me things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]You're beautiful, J. I mean that. I'm currently reading Sleepers  by Lorenzo Carcaterra. It's excellent, one of the best books I've read in a while. I'm about 60p close to the end, and have Happy Accidents  by Jane Lynch and My Horizontal Life by Chelsea Handler on deck. We got our tax return 4 days early, so I'm not sure what we'll be doing this weekend. I know H wants to use a portion of his refund for more tattoos, so we'll see!
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

<div>YAY I'm so glad you like it!! I'm so sorry it's not in the best shape.  I read it so many times, and it was my mom's before she gave it to me, so it's an old copy.  I felt so bad when I found it, I'd forgotten it was THAT beat up :(</div>
  • J, I never saw that movie... I'm not much of a movie person.  The book is about a young woman who gets pregnant and ends up caring for the newborn without the help of the baby's father.  Then BOOM crazy stuff happens and apparently something similar has happened in the young woman's past.  I'm over halfway through and it's pretty good.  Not as good as the last one I read The One You Love by Paul Pilkington.  That one was a definite page turner.
  • Wow, Tide, that's harsh. I remember you poating a few weeks ago (or months?) about having issues with the living arrangement. But that seems like a diick move on his part.
  • J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f00edc94-b772-49cd-87af-047b4d3bfbfcPost:35e4b224-0ffc-49ea-a2c8-0eef21acefbe">Re: Tell me things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]J in CA when an employee leaves the company the employee only has 72 hours from thjeir last day worked to pay them all due pay including PTO.  You should check and see what the law is where you live because they may owe you more than just your PTO by now.  Oh and you are pretty.
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

Ooooh, good to know!   I will look into that.  I'd love to milk them for everything I can.

Ah, no...that's not like the movie Taken.  Still sounds interesting though!

• tidetraveltidetravel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f00edc94-b772-49cd-87af-047b4d3bfbfcPost:03113c4b-b72f-4985-8d2a-0e37f109c227">Re: Tell me things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me things. : I'm sorry, that is awkward.  May I ask why?  You don't have to answer.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Ooooh, it's a lot of stuff.  Condensed version is that he has never, ever liked M.  When he had his spinal surgery (the day after the twins were born), we moved in with him to help with his recovery.  M took care of him for 3 months straight - did everything from helping him get dressed, picking his drunk ass up off the floor when he drank on his medicine, driving him to doc's appts, keeping up the house, in addition to taking care of Taryn, myself, 2 houses, and the animals.    He had offered for us to live with him for a year so that we could get the house fixed up and sold.  This was a mutually beneficial contract, since his new wife that he (bought) met online was going to be moving here from the Ukraine, and she would need someone to help get her acclimated to living here.  Great, right?!

Once he got "better" he suddenly forgot everything that M had done for him and started being an asshole to him, albiet, not when I was around.  This got exponentially worse once his wife arrived, since now he had someone else to take care of him.  He drove M to a nervous breakdown.  For months, M's been gunshy of going upstairs for fear of dad accusing him of moving something, taking something or breaking something. 

About 3 weeks ago, dad got in M's face about him "breaking the microwave" (because, since it was his food that was in it, it was clearly his fault.)  I got inbetween them, and had to literally push my father away.  Then he got in my face, told us that "he couldn't take it anymore and we needed to find a new place to live."  I told him "no" that he couldn't just kick us out because we maintain residence there, and that I wasn't going to uproot my family into a variety of temporary living situations simply because he got a bug up his ass.  (our house is still not ready to be lived in from the tree fall last august.)  I also told him that he was an ungrateful bastard and that he was really quick to forget everything that we did for him now.

He brought it up last week that he "couldn't take it anymore - shouldn't have to deal with "this" and that we needed to move asap.  I told him that we should be out in another month.  He said that wasn't good enough and I quoted him maryland tenant law, basically saying, "too fucking bad.  We can legally stay here another 3-4 months and there's not a goddamned thing that he can do about it."

• Wow Tide.  That's terrible.  I'm sorry you guys have been dealing with that.  I hope you're out of there really quick. 

• Me too.  Luckily, our house should be finished in about 2 weeks, so at least we have somewhere to go.  Hopefully we can sell it soon and get into a house that can accomodate a family of 5.

There's a lot of other little, petty things that he's done relating to the kids to spite M, (like taking the oil heater out of the twin's cold room because he didn't want M to touch his shiit, when it was me who moved it in there in the first place), and kicking M out of the kitchen when he was making dinner for a hungry and tired Taryn because he "needed to eat" and couldn't stand to be in the same room with M.  He actually had the audacity to tell M that "she could wait."

Whatever.  He's a bastard and he will die a lonely death, just like his mother.
  • Oh Tide :( I'm so sorry you have to deal with that shiit.  I really hope that your house can get fixed soon so you can get out of that toxic living situation and move on with your life.  Hang in there  <3
  • Tide, I'm so sorry.  Fingers crossed that you can get out of there as quickly as possible and get your life back to normal.
  • Tide, that's a horrible situation. I hope your house is done even sooner than expected so you guys can get out of there and into your own space. 
  • Thanks guys.  It's actually kind of fun, now.  It's driving him batty that he can't just make us leave and that he doesn't have a solid date for when we are going.  This was our conversation yesterday:

Dad:  So, what's going on?

Me:  In reference to, what?

Dad:  When are you moving out?

Me:  Eventually.
  • I'm wrestling with keeping my vindictive side under control.  The people in my family have a tendency to not only "slash and burn" when it comes to ending relationships, but to salt the earth as well.   

I have knowledge that could get him in pretty serious legal trouble with his job (he took an international vacation when he was claiming disability from his work).  I'm really having a difficult time controlling my urge to report him.

• We just had Mexican food for dinner, and it was delicious! I'm currently stuffed, but very content.

Tide, I'm sorry you are going through all that. I hope everything works out for you.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f00edc94-b772-49cd-87af-047b4d3bfbfcPost:38ca2a81-4fa2-4f94-acd3-ec3409d8122d">Re: Tell me things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm wrestling with keeping my vindictive side under control.  The people in my family have a tendency to not only "slash and burn" when it comes to ending relationships, but to salt the earth as well.    I have knowledge that could get him in pretty serious legal trouble with his job (he took an international vacation when he was claiming disability from his work).  I'm really having a difficult time controlling my urge to report him.

<div>I would probably be tempted to do this too.  But in the end, it's not worth it.  Don't stoop to his level.  The best "revenge" that you can get is to move on with you life, and continue to be a kick ass mom and wife.  He will miss the opportunity to be a part of that, and it'll be his own damn fault.</div>
  • Digits crossed for you, Tide. I can't even imagine. Does he not care about having a relationship with the kids? Speaking of families, we're going out to IN in a couple weeks and I'm not looking forward to all the questions about when we're having.kids.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f00edc94-b772-49cd-87af-047b4d3bfbfcPost:50921158-abba-437f-b4e6-ec3601b4f34e">Re: Tell me things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Digits crossed for you, Tide. I can't even imagine. Does he not care about having a relationship with the kids? Speaking of families, we're going out to IN in a couple weeks and I'm not looking forward to all the questions about when we're having.kids.
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

<div>Whereabouts in IN? I never thought I would say this, but I do miss it there.  I wish I could be in Indy right now to see all the SB stuff!!  I'm from South Bend though.  I'm definitely a midwest girl through and through. </div>
  • LP - I know.  I know.  That's what I keep telling myself.

Nates - his new wife came with 2 sons of her own; one is 18.  He seems quite content putting all of his energy into helping out his "new" son. 

I shouldn't be surprised.  It's not like he's spent any quality time with any of his grandchildren since we've gotten here.  Taryn has "too much energy" and the babies cry.  We can have 3 crying kids downstairs and he doesn't even offer to lend a hand.  The kids are better off without him, IMO.

• ZOMG NATES!  When are you having little zombies of your own?!?!?!

I'd just tell them that you're having plenty of sex right now, and when its meant to happen, it'll happen.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f00edc94-b772-49cd-87af-047b4d3bfbfcPost:bc347ccb-93a9-4b9d-8953-a3ee3ed13079">Re: Tell me things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]ZOMG NATES!  When are you having little zombies of your own?!?!?! I'd just tell them that you're having plenty of sex right now, and when its meant to happen, it'll happen.

<div>Or better yet, every time they ask, say, "we'll work on that right now!" and start humping.  That'll teach them to STFU. </div>
  • LP--Southwestern IN.  H is originally from there, so we try to go back at least once a year. It's hard to sswing, but I have the Friday and MOnday off around President's Day, so we're going to go out for the weekend. H said his friends are going crazy with the SB stuff!

How do you like your new place?

Tide-- you're totally right about the kids being better off without his negativity. It's so hard for you guys, though. 
  • Ha, I should be like, "We're banging it out every night, so we'll see. Also, sorry in advance about the noise."

We really are planning on starting TTC next spring, so it's exciting/scary. 
  • Well since I left IN I've been from DC --> Chicago ---> OH ---> MD ---> NC, all since Jan 2008.  (grad school. internship, job, new job, and moved here for H's job).  We are STAYING PUT here.  I am so sick of moving.  

We do like it here, it's just a little hard for me because I'm not working yet or in school. so it's kind of hard to make friends.  But it's happening slowly but surely.  I'm just weirded out by winter without snow.  It's been in the 70's this week and not a flake of snow yet.  That should not happen in Jan/Feb. 
  • Holy crap, that's a lot of moving!

We've been having a ridiculously warm winter, too, so I hear you.  We've had 60-70 degree weather, so it's insane.  I'm no fan of winter, but this is just abnormal.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards