California-Los Angeles

wedding location-sportsman lodge in studio city

has anyone had or been to a weddig at sportsman lodge in studio city?? i am condifering this place for mine but i wanted to see if anyone could help me with some advice???

Also, i am looking for a venue to host my ceremony and reception with 120 ppl. I want an outdoor/garden wedding and indoor reception... if anyone has suggestions i would love them!!!

Re: wedding location-sportsman lodge in studio city

• edited December 2011
    I went to my cousins wedding 2 yrs ago. Before the HUGE remodeling. I have NOT returned after...so maybe my input wouldn't be VERY helpful.

I thought the ceremony location looked tired and needed a remodel. The swam pond smelled really bad and I heard everyone mention it.

The food and indoor reception was GREAT! She had about 120ppl. It seemed like everything worked out perfectly for her, I didn't see any issues on the venues and everyone seemed to accomodate for her.

HTH!
  • edited December 2011

thanks! i guess i'm gonna have to just check out this pond and hopefully they got rid of the smell...

• edited December 2011
    Yeah, I don't know what they've done since the remodel, but everything she said. ^
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    The Sportsmen's Lodge has been around for many years.  It's actually one of the oldest wedding venues in the Valley.  They were in budget when I considered them, but they were too far away from my ceremony location. 
  • edited December 2011
    I just booked my wedding at the sportsmens lodge and the new remodel was great. I was skeptical at first because last time I was there 4 yrs ago it was very country vibe. But the event space and even the hotel looked great.

I'm having my ceremony outside and reception inside overlooking the garden/waterfall/pond area! My wedding is 5/29/2011 and I'm so excited!! It was very affordable too.

Hope this helps!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards