New York-New York City

Throwing a Honeymoon Shower and the bride is honeymooning in NYC. Tips please!

Need some tips on decorations or, perhaps more importantly, food. She's a New Orleans bride, so the food is pretty different. I hope some of you lovely NYC brides can offer some tips on local food, etc. Thanks in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Throwing a Honeymoon Shower and the bride is honeymooning in NYC. Tips please!

• edited December 2011
    You might get her a gift certificate for BR Guest Restaurants.  They have a bunch of NYC restaurants: Blue Water Grill, Ruby Foo, Dos Caminos, Atlantic Grill, Isabellas, Bills BBQ, Bar 675, Ocean Grill, Wildwood BBQ so they could be used at a place she can pick.

I'm a little confused though.  Is the shower in NYC?  or you're having a shower for her honeymoon?  That seems odd but good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry to be confusing! The shower isn't in NY. That's just where they are going for their honeymoon. She and the groom have lived together for a while and really don't have the need for traditional bridal shower gifts. Instead, we're making it a honeymoon shower (sort of a travel theme). Guests can get her and the groom luggage, Broadway gift certificates, photo books for their memories, etc. So I wanted to do the decorations and food at the shower in a way that gets them in the mood to go to New York. For instance, I'm serving Big Apple-tinis, New York-style Cheesecake... but that's as far as I've gotten at this point.

Thanks for the tip on the gift certs! That will come in handy for them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe for decorations you can print out pictures of different NYC landmarks like the Empire State Building, the Brooklyn Bridge, Rockefeller Center, etc. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards