California-Bay Area

Seamstress Recs

Can anyone recommend a great AFFORDABLE seamstress?

Re: Seamstress Recs

• edited December 2011
    Can you define affordable?  Eg, what work do you need done, and what is your price range?
  • edited December 2011
    I dont need too much work -- the lace straps of my gown need to be taken in, the dress needs to be hemmed, and possibly a bustle for the train. I would like to keep the alterations around $400 which I know is pretty skimpy but my budget is tight...
  • GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Julie Ireland.  She's stays under $500 for doing much more than that.  She is considered one of the best wedding dressmakers in San Francisco.  But you have to call her sufficiently in advance, as she books early.  I had thought about using her to redo my mom's dress until I decided that I wanted to get my own dress.
  • edited December 2011
    Kirsten Tucker in San Mateo. Very reasonable prices, great work (like literally perfectionist), and a wonderful personality to top it off. She altered my wedding gown and another I brought her for a banquet. I especially loved that she would give honest opinions on what would work yet also listened openly to what I asked for to find a way to make it work.
  • cassandrae913cassandrae913 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Lynn at Wee Scotty in San Francisco. I did not shop around for a seamstress, so I cannot really price compare for you. She is highly rated on yelp.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I used Kim at Sunshine for all my girls' bridesmaid dresses, my rehearsal dinner dress and even everyday stuff.  http://www.yelp.com/biz/sunshine-cleaners-and-alterations-santa-clara-2
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards