Wedding Etiquette Forum

keeping up with a Thank You notes list

Hi all-

We recieved our first wedding registry item in the mail the other day! (yay!), and I wanted to go ahead and get a jump on how to organize my Thank You card lists. I had this idea to make up a spread sheet, then print it out and stick it to the fridge so I can just jot down the info as things come in or after showers, transfer the scratch paper info to the spread sheet. 

Has anyone else tried a similar method? Or did you come up with a clever way to keep yourself organized? 

Re: keeping up with a Thank You notes list

• I did what Duds said -- I had a spreadsheet for names and addresses, RSVPs, and then after the shower and wedding, gifts.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I've put together an Excel spreadsheet for our guest list and have added a Shower Gift, Shower TY Note Sent, Wedding Gift and TY Note Sent columns at the end. I plan to record what gifts were given and when the TY notes go out.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_keeping-up-thank-notes-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1581af65-c38a-44a2-92ca-d218f6af6258Post:24a48389-fd21-4344-9436-e7fba2bdc971">Re: keeping up with a Thank You notes list</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've put together an Excel spreadsheet for our guest list and have added a Shower Gift, Shower TY Note Sent, Wedding Gift and TY Note Sent columns at the end. I plan to record what gifts were given and when the TY notes go out.
    Posted by achiduck[/QUOTE]
    This exactly.
  • We're doing a google docs spreadsheet so that my FI, my mom, and I can all track it in case something comes to one of them instead of me - we will be living in separate cities for the 8 months or so before the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We also used a spread sheet that had all the info. As for remembering to transfer info to it, I used to just bring the physical card or packing slip up to my desk with me and work from that.

I wouldn't feel comfortable keeping a list of all gifts on my fridge, but I guess it depends how often people come over your house.
  • Great idea, but I agree with tenofcups-- don't keep this on your fridge. It just seems really awkward to have it out there in a public area where anyone who comes over could see it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_keeping-up-thank-notes-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1581af65-c38a-44a2-92ca-d218f6af6258Post:1fe78f5b-14f8-4f47-b031-c20615969279">Re: keeping up with a Thank You notes list</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're doing a google docs spreadsheet so that my FI, my mom, and I can all track it in case something comes to one of them instead of me - we will be living in separate cities for the 8 months or so before the wedding.
    Posted by hoffse[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what we're doing, so FI, my parents, and my FILs will be able to add addresses and see RSVPs, etc.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_keeping-up-thank-notes-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1581af65-c38a-44a2-92ca-d218f6af6258Post:ea41ad2e-0c83-4824-abaf-4ec5e98097c9">Re: keeping up with a Thank You notes list</a>:
    [QUOTE]We kept our guest list in an Excel sheet and I added columns to the end for gifts and TY notes.  When a gift arrived, we put what it was in the gift column and then put an X in the TY column when the TY was mailed.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]
    this is exactly what we are doing
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_keeping-up-thank-notes-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:1581af65-c38a-44a2-92ca-d218f6af6258Post:ea41ad2e-0c83-4824-abaf-4ec5e98097c9">Re: keeping up with a Thank You notes list</a>:
    [QUOTE]We kept our guest list in an Excel sheet and I added columns to the end for gifts and TY notes.  When a gift arrived, we put what it was in the gift column and then put an X in the TY column when the TY was mailed.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

Exactly what we did.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards