Missouri-Kansas City

Rehearsal Dinner

Hi ladies! I was just curious if anyone knew of a good place to hold a rehearsal dinner. I want to get JackStack catered, but i would rather not have it at Jackstack if possible. My guests will be staying on the plaza and my wedding and reception are going to the in the plaza/westport area. Does anyone know of a place (cheaper the better :) ) around the plaza that's good for renting out for things like that? 

Thanks!

Molly

Re: Rehearsal Dinner

• prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how close to the plaza you can get, or what season your wedding is in, but we rented a pavillion at a park for our RD. It is super affordable ($90 for the day) and we can bring in our own food.

We were originally going to go with Jack Stack, but felt that they were really nickle and diming us on everything. I think we may either just do hamburgers and hot dogs or get maybe Gates or some other (cheaper) BBQ place.

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    Honestly I think we are going to go with Waldo Pizza. :) It's about 5 minutes off the plaza in the Brookside neighborhood but they have a room off to the side and you can just have everyone eat from their pizze bar that they keep fresh with pizza, desert pizza and pasta!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooh! I would love a pizza party RD! :D

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011

I second the park pavilion idea and we are having Oklahoma Joe's BBQ instead of Jackstack for the same reason.  It is really good BBQ and much cheaper then JackStack.

I don't know of any indoor space near the plaza/westpot that you can rent out and bring in your own food.  The space we rented is in Olathe.

• edited December 2011
    Ohhh I like those ideas! Thanks so much!! Is Waldo Pizza pretty resaonable? Like I think Jackstack for just food, delievery, set up and everything was going to be about 20 a person, then we had to figure out what do about drinks and find a location! That's a really good idea! I'll have to check it out! Thank you!!

Oh, are you ladies inviting out of town guests to your rehearsal dinner?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having OOTs at our RD, but only because it's going to be pretty cheap pp.

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011

We are inviting OOT guests to the RD, my FI's family has always had OOT guests at the RD's on their side.

• edited December 2011
    I'm really liking the pavilion idea more and more!!! We could totally get barbeuce too, what a great idea! That way it's a lot more relaxed and everyone can just relax and celebrate!! Just as long as it doesn't rain.....ha ha ha! The thing that bothered me about having it at a place was all of the rules and things, with a pavillion you wouldn't have many of those! Thanks so much for your help/ideas!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure how many people you are having for your rehearsal dinner, but we are having ours in the private room at P.F. Chang's. I'm not sure what the rental fee is, but I'm almost betting it's cheaper than JackStack :)
  • edited December 2011
    Waldo is VERY reasonable, and they work with you very very well (thought im not sure about exact numbers) we are invited OOT guests but we don't have too many of them so it shouldn't be too big of a problem :)
  • HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One thing we ALMOST did for our RD (before FMIL surprised us with something else) was to have Chris Cakes Pancakes do our RD. It would definitely be informal, but our guests would love to see the pancake tricks and such, not to mention the fact that it's VERY friendly on the wallet! We priced under $600 for all-you-can-eat for 80 people at a park.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards