South Carolina

Carolinas honeymoon opinion

Hello Fellow Knotties,

I am getting married in August and my FI and are trying to decide where to honeymoon.  I really want some time at the beach and prefer the quiet, non-built up beaches.  We also really like to idea of seeing Charleston and maybe Savannah.  Any suggestions of beaches in SC that would fit that bill?  We are also considering the Outer Banks.  Any opinions of Charleston/local beaches vs. NC's Outer Banks and/or any sites we should see in either of those areas. We've never been either place and are on about a $1500 budget for the honeymoon.  Thanks!

Re: Carolinas honeymoon opinion

• edited December 2011
    I would go further south. Charleston is pretty big and very busy, but there are a few beaches and towns near Charleston/Savannah/Hilton Head that are very quiet and nice.
    Take a look at Edisto Island, Beaufort, Kiawah Island...those are just a few. Kiawah is pretty close to Charleston, the other two I think are a little closer to Savannah though.
    Huntington Beach is also nice, but is a state park. There are cabins (fully furnished, with AC and everything!) you can rent there though. Hunting Island is nice.
    Another option would be to go north- you could go to Georgetown (nearer to Myrtle Beach) is a cute place. Or go to Cherry Grove/North Myrtle Beach. They're nice too.
    The OBX is very pretty.
    Most of the beaches in NC and SC are pretty much the same looking, although OBX, and Chaleston can be expensive and can get very busy in the summer.
    GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • klhucks09klhucks09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP....Edisto in Charleston is beautiful and also Isle Of Palms in gorgeous.  OBX is great too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    On word: Edisto!

My Fi's parents have a condo there. We have been vacationing there for the past 5 years. He actually proposed there. I LOVE it! Check out Edisto or Fripp Island!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard great things about Edisto as well as Folly Beach.

But Charleston is just amazing. If you go there and just stay in the city at a hotel with a pool...I don't think you'll be missing much. So much culture and history and shopping and awesome food :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards