May 2012 Weddings

Just got our Marriage license!

Just excited! Yaaaaaay! We just got our marriage license... the whole process took maybe 5-10 min... we didnt need an appointment, no witnesses, but only needed to pay $45 and show our driver licenses. She also gave us a list of judges we can contact to get the marriage license signed (we dont have a church ceremony). We contacted one judge and she is charging us $40 to marry us... it's getting sooooo real!! Laughing
Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Just got our Marriage license!

• We are both taking 1/2 day on the 13th to get ours and I am so excited! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • YAY!! FI and I apllied for ours yesterday and have to pick it up in a week!
  • Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    So exciting!  I just mentioned the marriage license to FI last night. It's definitely becoming more real.We're so close!
    imageAnniversary
  • I can not wait to go get our marriage license, we are taking our moms with us when we get ours and then going out to lunch to celebrate.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow! I cant believe we're this close!

March Siggy: Our Furbabies Thunder and Tinkerbelle photo 576844_10151220437472389_274194501_n.jpg PhotobucketPhotobucket
    He put a ring on it!!! 12-12-10! Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    For Sale Bio
  • We need to plan a date to take off of work to get the marriage license, it's so close!  But congrats on the check that's so exciting!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Exciting, we still need to go down and get this...

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• How exciting! I was just thinking about this yesterday, trying to figure out when we should go. Probably April 5th. The clock is ticking...
  • Congrats and that's great it didnt' take much time!

We can only get our 33 days before the wedding (state rule), so we are waiting until late April/early May.
  • Not sure if this is helpful to anyone- but in some states you can fill out the form online and bring it in with you to save time!
  • Yay!! We're headed home on the 13th so we will go get ours that day. It will definitely start to feel really real then!!
  • That's great! Fi and I are going to get ours this week!!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Oh Wow I can't believe we are to this step yet! We can't get ours until like 30 days of the wedding so we are waiting till late April/ early May to go pick it up. It will also depend on FI's work schedule since they are super busy right now.
  • How awesome!  We are taking a half day in exactly 3 weeks to get ours.  eeek!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_just-got-our-marriage-license?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:5b21d5a6-f290-4acd-905d-75ea05d17ca2Post:e12b3f5b-f44d-4524-ba47-c292e02dc2fe">Re: Just got our Marriage license!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not sure if this is helpful to anyone- but in some states you can fill out the form online and bring it in with you to save time!
    Posted by fluttaby32[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes, that is very good advice :-)</div>
  • How exciting!!! We've filled out our application we just have to take a day off to submit it
    imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • That's cool. The marriage licenses here are only valid for 30 days so we have to wait a little longer, but I'm sure we'll be getting ours late April/early May
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    150 Invited image RSVP Date: April 15th
    84 Attendingimage
    66 Missing Outimage
    0 Not Repliedimage
  • That is so exciting!!
    We also have to wait 33 days prior to the wedding so we'll probably get it the beginning of May. I can't wait, this wedding is getting closer and closer :):)
    imageVisit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards